• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is the Yuxin Little Magic Pyraminx any good? I've heard that there are bad batches; is that anything to worry about?
Yes and no. According to Ghostcuber(Stevin Wintringham) the newer batches with the tall boxes are the bad ones. While the older batch with the short cubic box is the best batch according to Stevin. IDK how easy it is to obtain the older original cubic box batched ones. But on the sidenote the Moyu RS(Standard) and Monster Go Pyra are good alternatives.

erictom333

Someone correct if I’m wrong, but the new pyras aren’t as good as the old ones, since Yuxin changed the way they produced them.

The quality control is just bad, especially the later batches

Yes and no. According to Ghostcuber(Stevin Wintringham) the newer batches with the tall boxes are the bad ones. While the older batch with the short cubic box is the best batch according to Stevin. IDK how easy it is to obtain the older original cubic box batched ones. But on the sidenote the Moyu RS(Standard) and Monster Go Pyra are good alternatives.
Okay, good to know.

Enirolf

WCA
2022ZUUR01
SS Competition Results
Is the Yuxin Little Magic Pyraminx any good? I've heard that there are bad batches; is that anything to worry about?
Yes, like others said, the newer batches are worse than the older, but they are still good. Looking at the most mained pyraminxes in de pyraminxers discord group, the ylm and weilong are by far the most mained ones.
IMG_20230725_073729.jpg
And a lot of those ylms are new batches. Dutch nr holder uses new batch pyra to for example. (I do too)

The thing is: there is not a best pyraminx. Weilong and ylm are used a lot, but you can definitely prefer something else. I like the mr m too e.g. but I like the ylm too.

I used the bell v2 first, by then I tried others at a comp and I didnt like it that much anymore.

Last edited:

lvcuber

WCA
2019MART21
What puzzle should I get if I want an icosahedron,

is this a nice idea?
I had mine delivered a few days ago and it's pretty sweet. I haven't had time to break it in but it's definitely worth it. It has better turning then Icosaix or Radiolarian II, which have 1 direction turning iirc.

erictom333

What puzzle should I get if I want an icosahedron,

is this a nice idea?
I'd go with the Radiolarian, it's the icosahedral equivalent to the FTO (in that it is a shallow face-turning puzzle with no centers). I can't comment on its turning as I don't have one.