• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Z0chary

WCA
2015LEWZ01
Hey I am getting into cubing and currently have 2x2-4x4 and am looking to expand my collection. I am trying to decide between getting a skewb or a pyraminx, as I think they are both cool and fun. Do you guys have an opinion as to which I should get first? Thanks :D

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey I am getting into cubing and currently have 2x2-4x4 and am looking to expand my collection. I am trying to decide between getting a skewb or a pyraminx, as I think they are both cool and fun. Do you guys have an opinion as to which I should get first? Thanks :D

Pyra, its a little more analagous to a 3x3, so it'll be easier and more fun to figure it out using what you know about 3x3.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

If you can buy both puzzles at the same time then do it. But if not then I would highly recommend the Pyraminx cause it's easy and very fun to solve.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
Today I lost my main weilong. It will be dearly missed. So I decided to change main. What cubes are in fashion now?

If you liked your Weilong why not another Weilong? If you liked the feeling of it I don't thing there is anything similar to that which is better than the Weilong. Some people talks wonders of the Liying but I haven't tried it myself. The Chilong also feels similar but, for your speed I'd say the Weilong is faster. If you want something different (but not an Aolong v1 or v2) then why don't you go with Feliks and the Gans 357? :) I have already ordered mine but the Chinese New Year is gonna make me wait for a month or so to have it :(

Last edited:

FailCuber

WCA
2011CHOI04
Today I lost my main weilong. It will be dearly missed. So I decided to change main. What cubes are in fashion now?

Get the yueying I just got mine and IMO it's much better then aolong and the weilong it's my new main.

My Aolong V1 recently broke, what would you think is the best cube like it other than the V2.
Same goes to you get the yueying

Prhoda

Hi, I am thinking about getting into 5x5 and I could either buy a huachuang for the same price as an aochuang or buy a shengshou for £5

i would recogmend the huachang for speedcubing but if you are just starting you can get a shenshou for really cheap.

TraciAG

WCA
2015GAGU01
i would recogmend the huachang for speedcubing but if you are just starting you can get a shenshou for really cheap.

Yeah but it's better to start out with a great cube and not have to spend any more money upgrading or anything when you get good. So I say just start with the Huachuang.

RyanH48

Need help finding the right cube!

I have a mini Aolong and a Moyu Guanlong and im trying to find another cube. I really like the Guanlong because it is lightweight and crisp. What other cubes are similar to this? Is the Fangshi Shuang ren v2 similar? and could you please list a couple cubes and discribe them to me. what about the Fangshi Guanying or the new Yuxin 3x3?

Prhoda

My parents always complain of the noise my 3x3 makes. Is there a very quiet, good speedcube?

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
My parents always complain of the noise my 3x3 makes. Is there a very quiet, good speedcube?

which cube do you have now? Unless it is a HuanYing or other very loud cube I don't think there is a cube that will be significantly quieter. It also depends on your turning style, if it is rough you make more noise but, when one is trying to beat a time, it is difficult to turn quietly :)
Fangshi ShuanRen and Shengshou Aurora are the quieter of all the 3x3s I have.

FadCuber

yulong or fangshi shuangren v2? in my country, the good rated cube available is yj every "long" series except guanlong, weilong both version, aolong v2, and fangshi shuangren. btw i love the feel of sulong out of the box. but i heard bad things from it. im still 25 more or less at avg. thanks for advice.