• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

jazzmaster

From what I've heard, the Shengshou Aurora is the best choice for a beginner, and either the Chilong or Sulong for an intermediate cuber. Go with the Aurora; it's a good cube.

I also have a question about cube speed. I average 20-21 seconds without full PLL, so a pretty intermediate speed. I'm using a Zhanchi, and although I really like the speed of it, I'm getting tired of the pops. What is a cube that has a similar speed to the Zhanchi, and doesn't pop? I've tried a Weilong, and it was way too fast for me. Are any of the other Moyu cubes slower? I think a scratchy feel would be nice, so maybe the LiYing or HuanYing?

Thanks for your advice, I'll go for aurora.

Before I recommend a cube I just want to note that Zhanchi's don't usually pop. Bad turning = popping. I'm not saying you have bad turning, it could just be that your Zhanchi is a little too loose. Now as for a cube, I think the LiYing is a good option for you. It's an upgraded version of the HuanYing and it's a great cube. It's slightly slower than the WeiLong and Zhanchi but I've gotten all of my best times with it. However, it isn't scratchy at all. In fact it's very smooth. The HuanYing on the other hand is scratchy and has an airy feeling to it. Overall I think most people prefer the LiYing over the HuanYing.

Hi Tina, does you have another alternative for me?
Maybe something little bit better than aurora?
Maybe if I have more budget I'll buy it too.

And I want to ask One more question, which was better:
1. Moyu Weilong 2 or Fangshi Shuang ren v2 or Zanchi?
2. Aurora vs Yulong vs Wityou

Thanks

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi Tina, does you have another alternative for me?
Maybe something little bit better than aurora?
Maybe if I have more budget I'll buy it too.

And I want to ask One more question, which was better:
1. Moyu Weilong 2 or Fangshi Shuang ren v2 or Zanchi?
2. Aurora vs Yulong vs Wityou

Thanks

Hello, the Aurora is a great beginner cube but it does have it's drawbacks. The YJ 3x3s are also really great beginner cubes. The best of the three is the YuLong. I use it as my practice cube because it's fast and clicky, which is what I like in a cube. The other two are also good options. The SuLong is the slowest of the three but I find it to be the smoothest and the ChiLong is somewhere in-between. Now I don't know what your speed is or what you like in a cube so I'm going to guess when I say go with either the SuLong or ChiLong.

1) They are all very different cubes but I have to go with Zhanchi. However I will say that the WeiLong(V1) is better than the Zhanchi (Just my personal opinion, and I feel obligated to say that I am a Zhanchi fangirl)
2) YuLong, the Aurora is slower but smoother and as for the WitYou it's very, very smooth but weirdly uncontrollable for me

jazzmaster

Hello, the Aurora is a great beginner cube but it does have it's drawbacks. The YJ 3x3s are also really great beginner cubes. The best of the three is the YuLong. I use it as my practice cube because it's fast and clicky, which is what I like in a cube. The other two are also good options. The SuLong is the slowest of the three but I find it to be the smoothest and the ChiLong is somewhere in-between. Now I don't know what your speed is or what you like in a cube so I'm going to guess when I say go with either the SuLong or ChiLong.

1) They are all very different cubes but I have to go with Zhanchi. However I will say that the WeiLong(V1) is better than the Zhanchi (Just my personal opinion, and I feel obligated to say that I am a Zhanchi fangirl)
2) YuLong, the Aurora is slower but smoother and as for the WitYou it's very, very smooth but weirdly uncontrollable for me

Thanks for your advice.
I'll buy YJ Yulong and maybe Weilong v1/v2 if available.

Last edited:

OhEmDeeJei

Hello everybody, I'm fairly new to the speedcubing community. I'm on a dilemma regarding which speedcube shall I buy next. There are two on my list, the Dayan Zhanchi and the Guhong V2. My main now is the Fangshi v2 and my average is between 24-26 seconds. I love the feel of the fangshi. I have the weilong but the cube isn't really my type. I cant control it and I dont like the feel of it. What speedcube is better? What will I buy? I have my options open, not just only for the zhanchi and the guhong. Thanks in advance

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everybody, I'm fairly new to the speedcubing community. I'm on a dilemma regarding which speedcube shall I buy next. There are two on my list, the Dayan Zhanchi and the Guhong V2. My main now is the Fangshi v2 and my average is between 24-26 seconds. I love the feel of the fangshi. I have the weilong but the cube isn't really my type. I cant control it and I dont like the feel of it. What speedcube is better? What will I buy? I have my options open, not just only for the zhanchi and the guhong. Thanks in advance

Both are great cubes but I think of the two the Zhanchi is the best. But because you like the feeling of the FangShi you may also like the Gans III V2 or MoYu LiYing. The Gans III V2 is a hit or miss for most people but I think it can be a really good cube. It's clicky but has an airy, light feeling. As for the MoYu LiYing, it is slower than the WeiLong but is still very smooth. Now neither of these cubes feel quite like the FangShi because it has a very unique scratchy feeling but I feel these are the cubes that resemble the ShuangRen the most.

OhEmDeeJei

Both are great cubes but I think of the two the Zhanchi is the best. But because you like the feeling of the FangShi you may also like the Gans III V2 or MoYu LiYing. The Gans III V2 is a hit or miss for most people but I think it can be a really good cube. It's clicky but has an airy, light feeling. As for the MoYu LiYing, it is slower than the WeiLong but is still very smooth. Now neither of these cubes feel quite like the FangShi because it has a very unique scratchy feeling but I feel these are the cubes that resemble the ShuangRen the most.

Thank you. I'll give the zhanchi and the liying a try.

jazzmaster

Thanks for your advice.
I'll buy YJ Yulong and maybe Weilong v1/v2 if available.

Aarrrghh...
I forgot to ask which is more weighty Fangshi ShuangRen v2 or MoYu Weilong?
And which is has the best plastic quality about that cubes?

And what is the best sticker for 3x3x3?

Thanks again
Have a nice day all

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Aarrrghh...
I forgot to ask which is more weighty Fangshi ShuangRen v2 or MoYu Weilong?
And which is has the best plastic quality about that cubes?

And what is the best sticker for 3x3x3?

Thanks again
Have a nice day all

Although the two feel very similar in weight the FangShi feels slightly lighter than the WeiLong. I think they are both of good quality but to me the WeiLong feels better (quality wise) than the FangShi but that might just be because the plastic on the WeiLong is smoother/glossier while the plastic on the FangShi has more of a matte feeling.

As for stickers, I personally love the full bright set from The Cubicle and I put those shades on all of my cubes. Before I switched to The Cubicle stickers I used the half-bright plus bright blue set from Cube Smith. For the most part though it's all personal preference in regards to shades because quality wise, both stores offer high quality vinyl stickers.

Destro

I want a cube that is way faster than rubiks brand but not super fast. It will be like I'm living in a place where it never rains then suddenly it rains (moderate rain) then think that this is the end of the world.

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I want a cube that is way faster than rubiks brand but not super fast. It will be like I'm living in a place where it never rains then suddenly it rains (moderate rain) then think that this is the end of the world.

What about a YJ YuLong/ChiLong or ShengShou Aurora? The YJ cubes are both fast but definitely not as fast as a Zhanchi or WeiLong and are somewhat clicky. The Aurora is the slowest of the bunch but way faster than a Rubik's brand cube and is very, very smooth.

What are the top 5 3x3s?

This is just my opinion but here's my top 5 list:

1) MoYu WeiLong(V1)
2) Dayan Zhanchi - My main
3) YJ YuLong - My practice cube
4) MoYu LiYing - My backup main
5) FangShi ShuangRen V2

matejm1994

WCA
2010MOHA02
Hi!

I am buying new cube, but I have no idea which one. Now I have Type C-II Cube, but I want to change it.
So, I am looking for DaYan Zhanchi 55mm or DaYan Zhanchi 57mm. They are probably same, except size? I would like to try smaller one, but if you think it would be better to buy bigger, then I will go with bigger =)
And, If I buy any of these, should I lube it, or it is not necessarily and it comes pre-lubed?

Also, what is diffrence between Zhanchi and GuHong? I think for solver like me (around 30-40 seconds) it would be better Zanchi?

Gershwin

Hi!
I wasn't cubing for more than 6 months. I avg about 20 seconds again and I only own a Zhan Chi . I'm really satisfied with this cube, but i want to find a cube with other turning-styles to choose between. I will probably buy 3-4 3x3 next time I order. 2 of them will be the Weilong (probably it will be too fast for me ,but i want to try it) and the Guhong v2.
For the other(s) I thought about getting:
Dayan LunHui
Cyclone Boys ( the simple version, i dont really know how its called)
Funs ShuangRen

Which of them would you suggest?
I'm also open for other suggestions.

Last edited:

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi!
I wasn't cubing for more than 6 months. I avg about 20 seconds again and I only own a Zhan Chi . I'm really satisfied with this cube, but i want to find a cube with other turning-styles to choose between. I will probably buy 3-4 3x3 next time I order. 2 of them will be the Weilong (probably it will be too fast for me ,but i want to try it) and the Guhong v2.
For the other(s) I thought about getting:
Dayan LunHui
Cyclone Boys ( the simple version, i dont really know how its called)
Fans ShuangRen

Which of them would you suggest?
I'm also open for other suggestions.

Besides the two you're already getting I would recommend the FangShi ShuangRen V2, the YJ YuLong, or the MoYu LiYing. The LunHui is a bit outdated and I wouldn't suggest getting it because you already have a Zhanchi and are possibly getting the GuHong V2. The Cyclone Boys 3x3s are a great option if you are on a budget but are really nothing special. But that's just me.

Hi!

I am buying new cube, but I have no idea which one. Now I have Type C-II Cube, but I want to change it.
So, I am looking for DaYan Zhanchi 55mm or DaYan Zhanchi 57mm. They are probably same, except size? I would like to try smaller one, but if you think it would be better to buy bigger, then I will go with bigger =)
And, If I buy any of these, should I lube it, or it is not necessarily and it comes pre-lubed?

Also, what is diffrence between Zhanchi and GuHong? I think for solver like me (around 30-40 seconds) it would be better Zanchi?

I would say if you do purchase a Zhanchi get the 55mm but I'm a bit biased since that's my main (I have smaller hands). Regardless, it's a very good cube. To my knowledge Dayan cubes do not come pre-lubed and even if they did, I would still recommend that you purchase your own lube and lubricate it yourself.

The difference between a Zhanchi and GuHong is somewhat substantial. The Zhanchi has anti-pop torpedoes while the GuHong(v1) does not. The pieces on the GuHong are not as curved as Zhanchi pieces but instead are a bit rigid and blocky. This basically means that the cube itself is a blockier and can't corner cut as well the Zhanchi. I may be wrong but this is just my experience with these cubes. You could probably get away with using a Zhanchi at your speed but I might recommend starting with something a bit slower and more controllable like a YJ 3x3(ChiLong/YuLong).

Last edited by a moderator: