• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

o2gulo

Hi, after a year, I finally decided to return to speedcubing. I'm out of the picture now. I don't know this all new MoYu, WuLong,SuLong,FootLong or something whatever you call it. I've only been updated up to PanShi and I don't know all these new 3x3. Is DaYan history now?

So here's what I'm looking for:

2x2: I didn't like the WitTwo, too rough and all. I want a smooth one and cuts corners well

3x3: I did not definitely like the PanShi. ZhanChi was too smooth for me, I want a good balance between clickiness and smoothness like the GuHong

4x4: I want to enter the world of 4x4. What cube should I buy? Not too rough, not too smooth.

Square-1 : I also want to enter the world of SQ-1. Any good recommendations?

Thanks!

Logical101

Hi, after a year, I finally decided to return to speedcubing. I'm out of the picture now. I don't know this all new MoYu, WuLong,SuLong,FootLong or something whatever you call it. I've only been updated up to PanShi and I don't know all these new 3x3. Is DaYan history now?

2x2: I didn't like the WitTwo, too rough and all. I want a smooth one and cuts corners well

3x3: I did not definitely like the PanShi. ZhanChi was too smooth for me, I want a good balance between clickiness and smoothness like the GuHong

4x4: I want to enter the world of 4x4. What cube should I buy? Not too rough, not too smooth.

Thanks!

2x2= LingPO
3x3= MoYu SuLong
4x4=MoYu Weisu or Shengshou V5

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Thanks!

2x2: dayan

3x3: Weilong

4x4: Shengshou

Square-1 : MF8 v1

Last edited:

intheowetrust

WCA
2014FINK02
Hello, I currently average around 25 secs with my Zhanchi and my ShuangRen V2 (both 57 mm). However I have tiny hands and sometimes have trouble making all of the moves especially M-slices even though both cubes are incredibly smooth and controllable. I am wondering how much a 55mm cube would help. Thanks!

YoshiBishi

Hello, I currently average around 25 secs with my Zhanchi and my ShuangRen V2 (both 57 mm). However I have tiny hands and sometimes have trouble making all of the moves especially M-slices even though both cubes are incredibly smooth and controllable. I am wondering how much a 55mm cube would help. Thanks!

I had the same problem and my ~55mm zhanchi and shuangren are much easier to m-slice.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Thanks!

2x2 Dayan,
3x3 ignore RJ, weilong is my main and it is most definitely not for you. Try a fangshi.
4x4 WeiSu.

Square 1 go Calvin's puzzle or Mf8 v1

Remedy

So I'm looking to get one or two 3x3s and a 2x2. Pretty casual when it comes to cubing and I have no idea what my preferences are. Don't want to be casual anymore.
2x2: Probably a WitTwo v1, open to suggestions.
3x3: I'm down to try really anything at this point, been thinking maybe GuHong v2 or ShengShou Aurora. Something controllable that doesn't lock too much I guess.

I don't know what it feels like to use a good cube, so anything would probably be good.
For reference: PR from 2011 is 32.xx, currently getting 50+ with a cube that locks all the time.

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I'm looking to get one or two 3x3s and a 2x2. Pretty casual when it comes to cubing and I have no idea what my preferences are. Don't want to be casual anymore.
3x3: I'm down to try really anything at this point, been thinking maybe GuHong v2 or ShengShou Aurora. Something controllable that doesn't lock too much I guess.

I don't know what it feels like to use a good cube, so anything would probably be good.
For reference: PR from 2011 is 32.xx, currently getting 50+ with a cube that locks all the time.

Witwo v1 or Dayan 2x2 is a good choice
For 3x3 apparently Maru CX-3 is a good controllable cube. Otherwise SS Aurora and Dayan Guhong v2 is a good choice too. Fangshi Zhanchi and WeiLong are not options because they are not easily controllable.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel

2x2: Wittwo
3x3: Gans III, Sulong, or overlubed Weilong.

Magicwerd

New 2x2 decisions

I am looking to buy a new 2x2 since my main 2x2 is an Eastsheen (it's also my only 2x2). I've been cubing for a few years and my average is around 10 seconds after just learning the Ortega method. And a pb of around 6 seconds. I've been looking at wit 2's and dayans lately and want to know what you guys recommend.