• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CUB3R01

I'm looking for an OH cube. I've been considering the Zhanchi 55 and 50mm and the FangShi 54.6mm. I've had a 55mm zhanchi and I cant really remember if it was small enough. I have fairly big hands so a 50mm might be an overkill. Has anyone tried a fangshi for OH? Is it anyones main? Is any of these cubes sold in primary colour plastic and if yes, where exactly?

The zhanchi 55mm works great for OH for me and I have really big hands as well! I would think the 50mm would be too small for you. I tried my fangshi for OH and did not like it. It might be good for OH for other cubers,but not for me! I hope I helped!

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So this is more of a request by me for suggestions from the community in general.

I have in my ownership a Dayan V Zanchi (stickerless and black), a Dayan Guhong V1 AND V2 (white and stickerless respectively), and have ordered a Dayan VI Panshi and a MoYu Weilong. (all of these being 3x3).

I am curious as to which other 3x3s I should try out. I'm not asking which cubes are better/best. I'm asking which cubes you enjoy/think are worth trying out/are your main, that I do not already own. I'd like to expand my collection and eventually try every 3x3 that isn't completely terrible. I understand there are many models out there that might be perfect for only 15 people in the entire world, and if 15 people love that cube, I'd like to try it as well.

Note: I am also already planning on ordering a Fangshi Shuang Ren V2 :)

Also, Please specify if you suggest a certain color, size, version, etc. (even though these things often don't matter) I'd love to hear what you have to say out of my own curiosity.

One last thing, please don't ask what kind of cubes I like unless you're purely curious. I want to hear YOUR preferences/suggestions. I don't want suggestions based on my cubing preference.
If you want something different I'd go with Gans III, maybe Shengshou Aurora and Maru CX-3. I have none of those but Im currently planning on getting those for the same reasons as you.

@CUB3R01

Thanks for the suggestion but I already managed to order a mini FangShi "illusion" (primary with black caps) as how I remember it the 55mm was maybe a tad too big for good OH. I have the 57mm ShuangRen and Zhanchi and I cant really tell which is better for OH as they are too big for my taste.

I'll see how it turns out!

Last edited:

7nand

Hi,
I am planning on buying a new 3x3. Can somebody tell me which cube fits my style? I like cubes cubes which are smooth, fast, controllable and quiet.
I average around 25sec with a personal best of 15sec. I already have a YJ Sulong.
Recommendations would definitely be appreciated... :)

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,
I am planning on buying a new 3x3. Can somebody tell me which cube fits my style? I like cubes cubes which are smooth, fast, controllable and quiet.
I average around 25sec with a personal best of 15sec. I already have a YJ Sulong.

Dayan Guhong v2 fits all of those. It is not as fast as the fastest cubes out there but it is definitely controllable, smooth and quiet. Do keep in mind that there are cubers that have done sub 8 second solves with it even if its not the fastest cube on the market. You should be fine with it for quite a long time.

7nand

Dayan Guhong v2 fits all of those. It is not as fast as the fastest cubes out there but it is definitely controllable, smooth and quiet. Do keep in mind that there are cubers that have done sub 8 second solves with it even if its not the fastest cube on the market. You should be fine with it for quite a long time.

How about the fangshi shuang ren v2?

idreamincubes

Hi,

For a quiet and smooth cube, I would recommend a Plasmacube Guhong. It's the quietest cube I've owned, and I have owned a lot of cubes.

advincubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
non-locky void cube?

Are there any void cubes that aren't super locky? I grabbed a Lan Lan off amazon. It's smooth, but, if the alignment is off more than a couple degrees, it won't turn. I saw a similar question earlier in this thread, but no answer.

Thanks.

RubiksJake12

Thank you very much for the response! Shengshou Aurora has been added to my list! Just got my Panshi in the mail, so after my next pay check I'm ordering a Fangshi Shuang Ren

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So for Christmas I am making a wish list. I know I want a 6x6 and a new pyraminx. I also want another puzzle. What are some fun puzzles. Preferably from the other puzzles category. I already have a skewb.

KingTim96

WCA
2012SPIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I'm in the market for a 2x2, I used to use an old original wittwo v1, but it's broken and has started to die lately so it's time to get another. My question is, I'm getting faster at 2x2 lately so should I go with the wittwo v1 again? Or maybe go with the Moyu LingPo? Cause I've heard that that is a little faster while still being controllable. Thanks guys!