• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KonKaii

hey guys, im pretty new at cubing, my best time is 33 seconds and i have an average of 48 seconds, i recently got a dayan zanchi v5 and was not impressed, so i looked up on yotube and got intrested at the fangshi v2 and the moyu huanying. Can anyonne list which one the prefer and the pros and con sof both cubes and how the cube feels. Also, it would be helpful if you list about corner cutting and whcih of the 2 cubes are best for BEGINNERS. Also feel free to list a website where you got the cube from and no DIY kits. I'm going to a competition on the 14th and need a good cube.

Fangshi v2 is a very quiet cube - it's what I'm using now.
Pros: fast, extrememly quiet, agile, and very very smooth
Cons: inaccurate turning = corner twists and many lockups, weight and feel seems a bit cheap, can only cut 40 degrees consistantly

I only have the FS and a few Dayan brands so I really can't help you with anything else.
Although the FS and especially the Huanying are known to be lube eaters, so dont lubes the pieces - just the core. Moyu/YJ wise most people recommend the Weilong or Su/Chi long - why not think about those? :D

If you need a cube fast I reccomend http://thecubicle.us/. Some prices are a bit more expensive, but free shipping/good customer service/current sales compensate the price.

Oh, http://speedcubeshop.com/ has free shipping today and 20% all products...haven't tried them though.

JKNK

WCA
2014KUMA11
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fangshi v2 is a very quiet cube - it's what I'm using now.
Pros: fast, extrememly quiet, agile, and very very smooth
Cons: inaccurate turning = corner twists and many lockups, weight and feel seems a bit cheap, can only cut 40 degrees consistantly

I only have the FS and a few Dayan brands so I really can't help you with anything else.
Although the FS and especially the Huanying are known to be lube eaters, so dont lubes the pieces - just the core. Moyu/YJ wise most people recommend the Weilong or Su/Chi long - why not think about those? :D

If you need a cube fast I reccomend http://thecubicle.us/. Some prices are a bit more expensive, but free shipping/good customer service/current sales compensate the price.

Oh, http://speedcubeshop.com/ has free shipping today and 20% all products...haven't tried them though.

Thank you, but which one would you recomend for beginners. I was about to get weilong but it seemed to fast for me so i decided either fanghi v2 or huanying. Btw, before you tell me which cube is better for me, i like cubes that are fast but not silky and extremely smooth, i like crispy or kind of springy cubes.

KonKaii

Thank you, but which one would you recomend for beginners. I was about to get weilong but it seemed to fast for me so i decided either fanghi v2 or huanying. Btw, before you tell me which cube is better for me, i like cubes that are fast but not silky and extremely smooth, i like crispy or kind of springy cubes.

Like I said before, I only have Dayan and FS cubes...hopefully someone who'd played with Moyu can help you.
FS v2 is extremly smooth, though. Maybe try the v1? The plastic on the original is much more textured so I can guess you'd be more airy and tacticle with that.

Deciding on a cube for me is like playing a game with many classes - you need to try them all to get the full experience. ;)

JKNK

WCA
2014KUMA11
YouTube
Visit Channel
Like I said before, I only have Dayan and FS cubes...hopefully someone who'd played with Moyu can help you.
FS v2 is extremly smooth, though. Maybe try the v1? The plastic on the original is much more textured so I can guess you'd be more airy and tacticle with that.

Deciding on a cube for me is like playing a game with many classes - you need to try them all to get the full experience. ;)

Ok, thank you very much, now that i'm done with the cube, do you know any youtube videos or websites that explain 2-look oll 2 - look pll and coll?

SweetSolver

WCA
2014SWEE01
Hey all, looking for super quiet cubes to use in bed.
Any suggestions for a 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4?

Heard that the FS Shuangren is fairly quiet, but it feels a little weird to me.

My wife got is annoyed by the clacking sounds of my pre-bed ritual!

Here is my current collection, apparently none of these suffice.

Moyu Weilong (Black and White) current mains
Moyu Huanying (Black)
Dayan Zhanchi (Stickerless and 42mm Black with girly colored stickers)
Lubix Zhanchi (Stickerless, Black 57mm, and Black 55mm)
Lubix Zhanchi 2x2 (Black)
Dayan GuHong (Black)
Lubix GuHong v1 (Stickerless)
Lubix Fusion (Black)
Lubix GuHong V2 (Stickerless)
Lubix LingYun V2 (Black)
Lubix Square 1 (Black)
Maru CX-3 (Black)
Shenshou 4x4 (2 Black, 1 White)
EastSheen 2x2 (Black)

If you want a quiet 2x2 get a Dayan.

JKNK

WCA
2014KUMA11
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all, looking for super quiet cubes to use in bed.
Any suggestions for a 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4?

Heard that the FS Shuangren is fairly quiet, but it feels a little weird to me.

My wife got is annoyed by the clacking sounds of my pre-bed ritual!

Here is my current collection, apparently none of these suffice.

Moyu Weilong (Black and White) current mains
Moyu Huanying (Black)
Dayan Zhanchi (Stickerless and 42mm Black with girly colored stickers)
Lubix Zhanchi (Stickerless, Black 57mm, and Black 55mm)
Lubix Zhanchi 2x2 (Black)
Dayan GuHong (Black)
Lubix GuHong v1 (Stickerless)
Lubix Fusion (Black)
Lubix GuHong V2 (Stickerless)
Lubix LingYun V2 (Black)
Lubix Square 1 (Black)
Maru CX-3 (Black)
Shenshou 4x4 (2 Black, 1 White)
EastSheen 2x2 (Black)

Well,a ghost hand 2mis very quit and faster then the first version, but is pretty old, and on your list i saw you mention that you have a huanying and weilong, could you tell me which one would be best for me. I'm a beginner with a 33 second best and a 46 second average of 5. Also if you had a fangshi v2 could you tell me if that cube would be better for me. I like fast cubes, but not extremely smooth, it should be a little bumpy or scratchy.

Fangshi v2 vs Moyu huanying ( i don't want a zanchi it's a little slow and pops on me, and the weilong is too fast for me) Also, leave the pros and cons for the 2 cubes and try to explain how it feels when you turn it.

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiBishi

If you want a quiet 2x2 get a Dayan.

I have a Lubix (Dayan) Zhanchi 2x2, it doesn't seem all that quiet.

on your list i saw you mention that you have a huanying and weilong, could you tell me which one would be best for me. I'm a beginner with a 33 second best and a 46 second average of 5. Also if you had a fangshi v2 could you tell me if that cube would be better for me. I like fast cubes, but not extremely smooth, it should be a little bumpy or scratchy.

I prefer the weilong myself, but I like faster cubes. The huanying is nice too, but not as good as the weilong in my opinion. It is not as smooth. If you think the weilong is too fast, you can try overlubing it to slow it down. It is my favorite cube right now.

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a Lubix (Dayan) Zhanchi 2x2, it doesn't seem all that quiet.

I prefer the weilong myself, but I like faster cubes. The huanying is nice too, but not as good as the weilong in my opinion. It is not as smooth. If you think the weilong is too fast, you can try overlubing it to slow it down. It is my favorite cube right now.
If Dayan 2x2 and Guhong v2 arent quiet enough, nothing is. Most of the sound comes from turning fast; When you corner cut the smallest amount the pieces just smash together which causes the clacking noise. MoYu WeiSu is quiter than ShengShou 4x4 but then again a Guhong is quiter than either of those so it doesnt help much.

Fangshi v2 vs Moyu huanying ( i don't want a zanchi it's a little slow and pops on me, and the weilong is too fast for me) Also, leave the pros and cons for the 2 cubes and try to explain how it feels when you turn it.

The Huanying is pretty much just as fast as the WeiLong, they just feel a bit different. Sooo Fangshi v2 I suppose if WeiLong is not an option.

Last edited:

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe I just need to lube up my Dayan 2x2 more.
My Dayan 2x2 is quiet. My quietest 3x3 is Shengshou Aurora, at tight tensions. Weisu is my quiestest 4x4. Late at night I do slow solves and things like blind cross practice, which are obviously much quieter than hammering PLL time attacks! :). None of my cubes are quiet enough to allow that.

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Never heard of Eastwinner brand so I'd go with Mf8. Neither is great though.

Even though these shops are not located where you live they are 100% reliable. Infact I suggest buying Shengshou or Dayan megaminxes. If you're looking from http://www.kubuswinkel.nl/megaminx.html that site I suggest you forget about it and just order from China. If you want faster shipping buy from thecubicle.us or from ukcubestore.com (only has SS megaminx)

http://www.hknowstore.com/locale/en...e&itemid=1104dd0d-afcb-4a40-aee8-1216577a4076
http://www.hknowstore.com/locale/en...e&itemid=9dd3bc6d-3d53-4831-9041-c482c81d5016

Last edited:

JKNK

WCA
2014KUMA11
YouTube
Visit Channel
The haunying i know isn.t faster than the weilong because i say unboxings, but im still having trouble and need to order the cube by tommorrow. If anyone can post a short video about both the fanghsi v2 and the moyu haunying it would be very helpful.

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The haunying i know isn.t faster than the weilong because i say unboxings, but im still having trouble and need to order the cube by tommorrow. If anyone can post a short video about both the fanghsi v2 and the moyu haunying it would be very helpful.
The Huanying is pretty much just as fast as the weilong, I know from having tried it myself. The Fangshi v1 is fairly fast too and I assume that the v2 isnt slower.

If a cube is too fast it can be fixed easily by overlubing a bit. My suggestion would infact be buying a WeiLong and overlubing it as the FangShi cant be lubed really well (it has holes that eats all the lube).

RubiksJake12

So this is more of a request by me for suggestions from the community in general.

I have in my ownership a Dayan V Zanchi (stickerless and black), a Dayan Guhong V1 AND V2 (white and stickerless respectively), and have ordered a Dayan VI Panshi and a MoYu Weilong. (all of these being 3x3).

I am curious as to which other 3x3s I should try out. I'm not asking which cubes are better/best. I'm asking which cubes you enjoy/think are worth trying out/are your main, that I do not already own. I'd like to expand my collection and eventually try every 3x3 that isn't completely terrible. I understand there are many models out there that might be perfect for only 15 people in the entire world, and if 15 people love that cube, I'd like to try it as well.

Note: I am also already planning on ordering a Fangshi Shuang Ren V2 :)

Also, Please specify if you suggest a certain color, size, version, etc. (even though these things often don't matter) I'd love to hear what you have to say out of my own curiosity.

One last thing, please don't ask what kind of cubes I like unless you're purely curious. I want to hear YOUR preferences/suggestions. I don't want suggestions based on my cubing preference.

YoshiBishi

So this is more of a request by me for suggestions from the community in general.

I have in my ownership a Dayan V Zanchi (stickerless and black), a Dayan Guhong V1 AND V2 (white and stickerless respectively), and have ordered a Dayan VI Panshi and a MoYu Weilong. (all of these being 3x3).

I am curious as to which other 3x3s I should try out. I'm not asking which cubes are better/best. I'm asking which cubes you enjoy/think are worth trying out/are your main, that I do not already own. I'd like to expand my collection and eventually try every 3x3 that isn't completely terrible. I understand there are many models out there that might be perfect for only 15 people in the entire world, and if 15 people love that cube, I'd like to try it as well.

Note: I am also already planning on ordering a Fangshi Shuang Ren V2 :)

Also, Please specify if you suggest a certain color, size, version, etc. (even though these things often don't matter) I'd love to hear what you have to say out of my own curiosity.

One last thing, please don't ask what kind of cubes I like unless you're purely curious. I want to hear YOUR preferences/suggestions. I don't want suggestions based on my cubing preference.

These are what I have:
Moyu: 2x WeiLong, HuanYing
Dayan: 57mm and 42mm ZhanChi, GuHong v1
Lubix: 3x ZhanChi, ZhanChi 2x2, GuHong v1, GuHong v2, Fusion, LingYun v2, Square-1
Misc: Maru CX-3, 3x ShenShou 4x4, Eastsheen 2x2

I like my white weilong a lot more than my black, even though I don't like white cubes. It has a noticeable difference in feel.

I like the Maru CX-3 as well. It has a very nice sound to it.

The huanying is not bad either.

RubiksJake12

These are what I have:
Moyu: 2x WeiLong, HuanYing
Dayan: 57mm and 42mm ZhanChi, GuHong v1
Lubix: 3x ZhanChi, ZhanChi 2x2, GuHong v1, GuHong v2, Fusion, LingYun v2, Square-1
Misc: Maru CX-3, 3x ShenShou 4x4, Eastsheen 2x2

I like my white weilong a lot more than my black, even though I don't like white cubes. It has a noticeable difference in feel.

I like the Maru CX-3 as well. It has a very nice sound to it.

The huanying is not bad either.
Thank you for the response! I had forgotten about HuanYing and didn't ever think about the Maru cube.