• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Evolution

Which two cubes should I get for Christmas?

- Maru CX3

- DaYan GuHong V2

- MoYu WeiLong

- FangShi ShuangRen V2

Has anyone tried those four? I am new to speed cubing if that makes a difference. I already have the ShengShou Aurora and Dayan Zhanchi.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel

- Maru CX3

- DaYan GuHong V2

- MoYu WeiLong

- FangShi ShuangRen V2

Has anyone tried those four? I am new to speed cubing if that makes a difference. I already have the ShengShou Aurora and Dayan Zhanchi.

The Weilong and CX-3. Both are Very fast, and good for all speeds. Zero pops.

carber

Old Cubes vs New Cubes?

I'm about to get some new cubes, and I was wondering how older cubes like the alpha cubes, type c, type f, etc. stack up to newer cubes like moyu, fangshi, maru, dayan, and shengshou (in general). I read a lot of reviews, but I realized that good impressions of old cubes back then may have changed, when compared to newer cubes now. Is it worth it to get older cubes rather than newer cubes? :)

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel

- Maru CX3

- DaYan GuHong V2

- MoYu WeiLong

- FangShi ShuangRen V2

Why not get something other than a 3x3? When I started cubing I made the mistake of buying too many 3x3s, thinking a new cube would make me faster, or something daft like that.

Get a 2x2 or a 4x4. You can pick them up for next to nothing. You could get a 2x2, 4x4 AND 5x5 for the price of some of the cubes you listed.

Just saying :p

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm about to get some new cubes, and I was wondering how older cubes like the alpha cubes, type c, type f, etc. stack up to newer cubes like moyu, fangshi, maru, dayan, and shengshou (in general). I read a lot of reviews, but I realized that good impressions of old cubes back then may have changed, when compared to newer cubes now. Is it worth it to get older cubes rather than newer cubes? :)

Newer = better, in general, but older dayan cubes are good.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel

Nope, get the new ones. There's a reason why almost nobody uses them anymore!

KonKaii

- Maru CX3

- DaYan GuHong V2

- MoYu WeiLong

- FangShi ShuangRen V2

The Weilong and CX-3. Both are Very fast, and good for all speeds. Zero pops.

I've heard that the Weilong is extremely fast...

Evolution, all I can say is to go with what you like. Also being fairly new to speedcubing, I bought a Zhanchi and FS v2 a few mos. ago transferring directly from a Rubiks brand.
Worst decision ever.
FS compared to a Zhanchi is much smoother/quieter, but I get a lot of corner twists.

Many cubers think that the best cube out there will get you the best times. If you get more than 30-40 second solves on a zhanchi, I'm sure you'll overshoot on the Weilong and slow down.
Instead of getting more 3x3's, why not try out some other puzzles? Shapeshifting, -minx's, square 1's/2's seem to be fun. RIght now I'm having a blast with the Megaminx. ;)

-KK

Royiky

Can somebody describe his turning style and then say what he thinks are the best cubes for his turning style (not only for 3x3).

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The plastic has made the cube feel smoother, but bumpy and blocky. Older zhanchis (after OP zhanchis) were clicky, crispy, and smooth.
Oh, interesting. I think I know a guys who has one of those since the corners look slightly different. Not completely sure though.

My Zhanchi is still awesome. Don't know what plastic it is and don't particularly care (though I'm guessing Middle Ages).

Neo24

Anything New?

So Yeah. SS Linglong,Moyu Lingpo,Yj Yulong,cylone boys,Fangshi shishuang
PSSSSSH. Is there more?? PLS POST.

JKNK

WCA
2014KUMA11
YouTube
Visit Channel
hey guys, im pretty new at cubing, my best time is 33 seconds and i have an average of 48 seconds, i recently got a dayan zanchi v5 and was not impressed, so i looked up on yotube and got intrested at the fangshi v2 and the moyu huanying. Can anyonne list which one the prefer and the pros and con sof both cubes and how the cube feels. Also, it would be helpful if you list about corner cutting and whcih of the 2 cubes are best for BEGINNERS. Also feel free to list a website where you got the cube from and no DIY kits. I'm going to a competition on the 14th and need a good cube.