• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CheesePuffs

YouTube
Visit Channel
Out of all the newer cubes that are have great performance as well as next to no popping, which one of them is the smoothest. I prefer fast yet smooth cubes not crisp or clicky.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the FangShi ShuangRen, but I've heard the Gans III is also very good. It isn't 57mm though. The ShuangRen doesn't pop, and I don't have a Gans III so idk if it does or not. I'd get a ShuangRen or a Gans III.

Last edited by a moderator:

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Should I get the Gans III, the Fangshi Shuang, or the Dyan Zanchi?
ShuangRen. Seriously, they are all good, and people's recommendations usually tell you more about their taste in cubes than whether the cube really is better or worse. Maybe get them all and make your own mind up.

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
OT: I prefer the Dayan Zhanchi; the Fangshi is a good choice too. It's drier than the Zhanchi, if you like that kind of feel.

I don't have a Gans, so I can't help there.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpt8899

What do you mean by drier? Sorry... I have an old cube that was given to me from a friend... It locks up a lot, but other than that is pretty decent...

mariokart222

I already ordered my stickerless Zhanchi :p and its probably arriving next week, but even tho, I've heard the Guhong being very good as well, so what are the main differences between the two?
Also, I know this question may be getting a bit off topic, but what is a good lube for starters? I'm a bit newbie on that stuff, that's why I wanted to ask that...

KonKaii

I already ordered my stickerless Zhanchi :p and its probably arriving next week, but even tho, I've heard the Guhong being very good as well, so what are the main differences between the two?
Also, I know this question may be getting a bit off topic, but what is a good lube for starters? I'm a bit newbie on that stuff, that's why I wanted to ask that...

I have no Guhong, but the Zhanchi seems to be the faster brother of it. Comparing Guhong pieces, the Zhanchi has more "airy" cuts in its design.

Lube wise use Traxxas 50K. The Cubicle lube is also a good alternative but a little more expensive. Both are silicone lube.
Don't get overpriced silicone lube like Lubix, they're the same thing...

I find it fascinating how so many components in cubing evolve from other hobbies...
- Silicone lube/sprays technically used for RC toys... I even remember using WD-40 (bad idea) in my original Rubiks brand.
- Vinyl stickers for cars, scrapbooking, laptops..
- Screws/washers (even though cube hardware is made esp. for the purpose)

Kloppermand

Okay, I've been looking around on this tread for a while now, and can't really find the answer to what I'm looking for =P

I want to buy a new cube, and have been recommended the Moyu HuanYing and the Moyu WeiLong and then a "good ZhanChi" (Is that also MoYu or is that a DaYan?) Pretty sure I could conclude that the WeiLong is better than the HuanYing, from earlier posts, but how does the WeiLong compare to the DaYan? I would love a sticker less cube, since I wear the sticker out way to fast -.- does that choice exclude any cubes, if so, what to choose?

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay, I've been looking around on this tread for a while now, and can't really find the answer to what I'm looking for =P

I want to buy a new cube, and have been recommended the Moyu HuanYing and the Moyu WeiLong and then a "good ZhanChi" (Is that also MoYu or is that a DaYan?) Pretty sure I could conclude that the WeiLong is better than the HuanYing, from earlier posts, but how does the WeiLong compare to the DaYan? I would love a sticker less cube, since I wear the sticker out way to fast -.- does that choice exclude any cubes, if so, what to choose?

1 - Zhanchi is Dayan

2 - yeah Weilong is prob better than HuanYing

3 - the only stickerless cubes are ones where the corner is made of 3 separate process of plastic. Afaik this only includes Dayan cubes, such as the Guhong and Zhanchi. If you're after stickerless then those are your best options

4 - a 'good' zhanchi is arguably almost as good as weilong. Personally, I'd get a stickerless zhanchi, you can always mod it.

Kloppermand

1 - Zhanchi is Dayan

2 - yeah Weilong is prob better than HuanYing

3 - the only stickerless cubes are ones where the corner is made of 3 separate process of plastic. Afaik this only includes Dayan cubes, such as the Guhong and Zhanchi. If you're after stickerless then those are your best options

4 - a 'good' zhanchi is arguably almost as good as weilong. Personally, I'd get a stickerless zhanchi, you can always mod it.

Awesome, thank you very much =D

Prismatic

I've been only cubing for about 4 months and average sub 30 with a stickerless Zhanchi (no lube). And I was just wondering what cubes would fit my speed? I do prefer smooth turning but I think that lube would help that, which brings me to another question, what type of lube should I get that's not too pricey?

KiwiCuber

WCA
2013ASBE01
I've been only cubing for about 4 months and average sub 30 with a stickerless Zhanchi (no lube). And I was just wondering what cubes would fit my speed? I do prefer smooth turning but I think that lube would help that, which brings me to another question, what type of lube should I get that's not too pricey?

If you want a really smooth cube then go for a shengshou aurora (also super cheap) as i think any of the really fast cubes would just be way to fast for a 30second solver at the moment.
As for lube you should look for some traxxas diff oil 30k and 50k one for the core and the other for on the pieces (this is also the cheaper lube but still really good and you get alot of it)

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Zhanchi is a great cube so why not just get some 50k diff oil and see how you like it with that, before getting another cube? If you get a new cube go for the best - Weilong, Fangshi, etc. No cube is too fast so don't be persuaded to choose inferior. You can always tune a cube to suit you with lube and tension.

Prismatic

Zhanchi is a great cube so why not just get some 50k diff oil and see how you like it with that, before getting another cube? If you get a new cube go for the best - Weilong, Fangshi, etc. No cube is too fast so don't be persuaded to choose inferior. You can always tune a cube to suit you with lube and tension.

Thank you. I just want to try out other cubes, the Weilong's turning style is really nice but Fangshi's anti popping is also good. Argh decisions.