• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

jdbryant

YouTube
Visit Channel
Wittwo v1, I might add. I've never owned one, but I've heard from basically everyone that the v2 is worse than the v1. I have a v1 and I really really love it!

jdbryant

YouTube
Visit Channel
If I'm looking to get a 4x4, would you recommend I get a Shengshou and then mod it with Florian/Konsta like in Cyoubx's video? Or wait until the Moyu 4x4 is out and get that if it proves to be better...

Slapcuber

If I'm looking to get a 4x4, would you recommend I get a Shengshou and then mod it with Florian/Konsta like in Cyoubx's video? Or wait until the Moyu 4x4 is out and get that if it proves to be better...

i would recomend waiting for moyu reviews, but i think the moyu is a better choice, try to watch crazybadcuber's vid.

Audiophile

Pyraminx - Shengshou
Megaminx - Dayan (corner cut) or Shengshou (smooth)
Square -1 - Calvins
2x2x2 - Wittwo V1 (not the v2)
5x5x5 - Shengshou

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok. Well, that looks promising. Can't beat the price of the SS though... Do you think the Moyu would benefit from modding?

No one has yet modded a moyu and posted a video about so we cant tell; However it already has a very slight florian mod to it and apparently konsta mod is pre-done too. Most likely it does not need to be modded but we just cant tell yet.

Do not base your opinion on CBCs video; He is known to hype stuff that does not match the expectations. There were others that were promised the cube for a video review, so I'd wait for those. A modded SS v5 is great and imo you dont need any better, but maybe the safer option is to wait for the moyu to be fully released so you wouldnt have to the ss yourself (at the risk of ruining the puzzle).

So yeah, wait and see or risk it (A) buy SS v5 and konsta mod it, (B) buy MoYu and see if it's actually worth a damn.

maxcube

WCA
2008LAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
All of them are perfect choices, except the HuanYing. The Weilong is basically an improved version of it so there's no point getting one. It depends on what feel you like....

I disagree to some extent, I really enjoy my Huanying. My Weilong is excellent too, but I feel as if this Huanying just fits me ever so slightly better. Maybe it is because the Huanying can do reverse corner cuts a few degrees more.

My attempt at describing the cubes would be that the Weilong feels heavy, overall a good, solid choice; the Huanying feels lightweight and springy, albeit loud; the Fangshi almost feels like two pieces of very very high grit sandpaper rubbing against each other, in a good way.

The best thing to do would be to find a way to try all of the cubes out and see which agrees with you the most. Also, the characteristics of each cube will differ as you lube and tension the cube, so you have to take that into account. All of these cubes rarely pop.

BrandonSky

YouTube
Visit Channel
My ice cube broke!

One day I was playing with my Rubik's brand Pocket Ice Cube 2x2 and then a piece broke. I would throw it away but it sound like a waste of cube. Any way to fix this, or if I need a new, cube, what would I get?

Zeyofa

WCA
2014ROCH06
Best DIY Cube??

Hey everyone!
I'm new in this forum and I need some help... I'm not fully satisfied of my Dayan Zhanchi so I want a DIY Cube...
I searched for a long time but didn't get answers on what's the best DIY Cube. So my question is, what's the best DIY Cube?
I want my cube to be very smooth and to have a very good corner cutting.

Thanks! :D

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone!
I'm new in this forum and I need some help... I'm not fully satisfied of my Dayan Zhanchi so I want a DIY Cube...
I searched for a long time but didn't get answers on what's the best DIY Cube. So my question is, what's the best DIY Cube?
I want my cube to be very smooth and to have a very good corner cutting.

Thanks! :D

There's most likely absolutely nothing wrong with your cube. DIY cubes are not magical, you can just make sure it's assembled correctly like the cube already is when bought assembled almost every single time. A DIY zhanchi would feel exactly the same as yours if you are able to put it together well and if your current puzzle is not a dud.

Zhanchi can be made to be smooth if you do the center piece mod to it (search through youtube). Then you just have to lube it from the core to the pieces and it will feel very smooth and cut 45 degrees easy.

Also swapping your zhanchi to something else will not affect your speed at all. The zhanchi is a great cube that has broken world records and you are not even sub 30 yet. I'm not trying to be discouraging; thats just the way it is. A zhanchi can be a great cube all the way to sub 10 times.