• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ThePhenomenal

I´m averaging around 25s with a dayan zhanchi and i´d like to try out a new cube cuz i really dont like the feel. I havent been really active in the cube world so i just recently looked up some cube reviews on: moyu weilong, huanying, fangshi mf8. From what i´ve seen i think im going to get either the huanying or weilong but is there any other new cubes that have come out? I´d like the cube that is smooth, unpoppable and doesnt need much lubrication cuz im lazy.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I´m averaging around 25s with a dayan zhanchi and i´d like to try out a new cube cuz i really dont like the feel. I havent been really active in the cube world so i just recently looked up some cube reviews on: moyu weilong, huanying, fangshi mf8. From what i´ve seen i think im going to get either the huanying or weilong but is there any other new cubes that have come out? I´d like the cube that is smooth, unpoppable and doesnt need much lubrication cuz im lazy.

Weilong. Smooth. Unpoppable. No lube needed, but lubing the core is nice.

Get it Here.

Last edited:

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Definitely WeiLong over the HuanYing. Other cubes you should consider are the following: Maru CX-3, FangShi Shuangren V2, Dayan Guhong V2, ShengShou Aurora. I suggest you watch the reviews. All the cubes I mentioned have a different feel to them and are different to the Zhanchi.

No cube needs to be lubed often, perhaps once every 500-1000 solves. All cubes need their hardware lubed, just not as often as the pieces.

YOUdudex

WCA
2013TOMA04

When I was averaging 25s with my good'ol zhanchi, I bought a weilong. Just after 50 solves it became my new main and improved my times by 1 sec in 2-3 days. I have also tried Huanying, GuHong v2 and Fangshi but I was getting better times with my Zhanchi. I'd say go for MoYu WeiLong, I've solved it 1.6k times, no pops so far.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I was averaging 25s with my good'ol zhanchi, I bought a weilong. Just after 50 solves it became my new main and improved my times by 1 sec in 2-3 days. I have also tried Huanying, GuHong v2 and Fangshi but I was getting better times with my Zhanchi. I'd say go for MoYu WeiLong, I've solved it 1.6k times, no pops so far.

Or it's because you solved a lot in those 2-3 days.. Practice makes you faster.

But yeah, weilong is probably the option you want to try. You really don't need a different cube at your speed though.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel

But yeah, weilong is probably the option you want to try. You really don't need a different cube at your speed though.

It does help. I got a weilong and dropped my times from ~30 to ~26. Just saying. If you feel like it would help, go ahead.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
It does help. I got a weilong and dropped my times from ~30 to ~26. Just saying. If you feel like it would help, go ahead.

Yes, I know. But I feel like your times shouldn't be dependent on the cube. I can get sub 15 on a guhong, zhanchi, weilong, fangshi, etc. IMO If your times are dependent on the cube (I'm talking about speedcubes) then you're most likely developing bad technique.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, I know. But I feel like your times shouldn't be dependent on the cube. I can get sub 15 on a guhong, zhanchi, weilong, fangshi, etc. IMO If your times are dependent on the cube (I'm talking about speedcubes) then you're most likely developing bad technique.

I can get sub-30 on any good cube, but the weilong helped me get to sub 30.

YOUdudex

WCA
2013TOMA04

That may be true, but atleast it gave me motivation to do so! :p

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
So there are a few people in my school (around 11/12 yo) that are interested in learning to solve the Rubik's cube. What cube should I get? Preferably one that's smooth, not too fast, doesn't pop and is quite cheap.