• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Currently.. non modded: v-cube 4
When SS modded with just konsta mod: both
When SS modded with konsta and florian mod: v-cube 4

I like them equally ;)

If you don't mind modding just get the Shengshou, if you don't want to take cubes apart get the v-cube 4.

Out of the box the v-cube beats the Shengshou

tyloro002

I'll get shengshou because i love taking cubes apart. I think I'll get two because I'm new to modding and i want to mod the first and leave the other unmodded.

The SS isn't a pain to assemble.. at least it wasn't for me. :)

The dayan mf8 is 1 bigger, and 2 isn't as good.

It's a good cube, don't get me wrong, but the outer layers catch a lot.

ThePhenomenal

Should i get a new cube?

Hey guys, im extremely new to solving 3x3 rubiks cube and my fastest is 1:15mins with beginner method a "dayan2" guhong 3x3 stickerless (bought it on ebay) and after having it for about 3-4weeks the cube starts to move parts that i dont want to turn for an example: when i do the sexy move algorithm R U R´ U´ when i do the U´ the up face gets stuck with the middle part of the cube so i cant perform them in rapid succession, and whenever i try to solve it fast it feels like its always going to pop and sometimes it happens, so i cant go full speed. Should i lube it? Or buy a new cube?I´ve thought of buying zhanchi. Is it durable?(doesnt pop)
Should i post a video to showcase the problem?

Another question, whats the difference between stickerless and with stickers?

Maccoboy

Sticker-less are generally smoother but not allowed in competitions whereas sticked cubes are,

sounds like you either need to lube it, loosen it or just clean it out, if it's a sticker-less cube then you can take it completely apart and rinse it in the sink with soapy warm water then leave to dry on a radiator and that should help. If it doesn't then yeah get another cube though if your at that speed i'd say get a shengshou wind instead of a zhanchi so you can learn to be accurate at turning and it also never pops (zhanchis do pop if your not used to such a fast cube and they can really explode when they do)

WCA
2012CHIE01
Hey guys, im extremely new to solving 3x3 rubiks cube and my fastest is 1:15mins with beginner method a "dayan2" guhong 3x3 stickerless (bought it on ebay) and after having it for about 3-4weeks the cube starts to move parts that i dont want to turn for an example: when i do the sexy move algorithm R U R´ U´ when i do the U´ the up face gets stuck with the middle part of the cube so i cant perform them in rapid succession, and whenever i try to solve it fast it feels like its always going to pop and sometimes it happens, so i cant go full speed. Should i lube it? Or buy a new cube?I´ve thought of buying zhanchi. Is it durable?(doesnt pop)
Should i post a video to showcase the problem?

Another question, whats the difference between stickerless and with stickers?

Stickerless and stickers is virtually the same - some say stickerless is smoother but it definitely won't improve or deprove the actual performance of the cube.
No need to buy a zhanchi because a guhong is pretty much just as good (at least until you are insanely fast). Post a video and we'll try to help you make it better.

JohanAR

WCA
2013RAST02
Stickerless and stickers is virtually the same - some say stickerless is smoother but it definitely won't improve or deprove the actual performance of the cube.
No need to buy a zhanchi because a guhong is pretty much just as good (at least until you are insanely fast). Post a video and we'll try to help you make it better.

IMHO slice moves are much easier on ZhanChi (well, on my cubes at least. I have 1 GH, 1 ZC and 1 ZC stickerless), but you're probably right in that it will make a minimal impact on a beginner's times.

DavidCubie

WCA
2013KOTL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have Zhanchi and i tried to clean it using Speedcubing World tutorial on youtube. I put pieces in hot water and put some dish washer, and after that i didnt rinse it with cold water... :( Now my cube is slower that it used to be.
I tensioned it to loose tension and put torpedos to prevent poping but it still pops because of loose tension. I'm planning to buy guhong v2. Can someone give me some advice to improve turning of my Zhanchi, is it slowed by hot water or what? thanks all :)

TP

WCA
2013PETT01
I have Zhanchi and i tried to clean it using Speedcubing World tutorial on youtube. I put pieces in hot water and put some dish washer, and after that i didnt rinse it with cold water... :( Now my cube is slower that it used to be.
I tensioned it to loose tension and put torpedos to prevent poping but it still pops because of loose tension. I'm planning to buy guhong v2. Can someone give me some advice to improve turning of my Zhanchi, is it slowed by hot water or what? thanks all :)

Did you lube the cube after cleaning it? If not, that is likely the problem.