• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sad 4u

Hey guys, I just want to ask a quick question. I have a zhanchi, stickerless guhong, and a qj pillowed 3x3. Im looking to get a new 3x3, and I know I definitely wanna get something different. The cubes I have are excellent, but I want to get something that will feel different, maybe different sized, different structure, or whatever. Any suggestions?

mdolszak

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I just want to ask a quick question. I have a zhanchi, stickerless guhong, and a qj pillowed 3x3. Im looking to get a new 3x3, and I know I definitely wanna get something different. The cubes I have are excellent, but I want to get something that will feel different, maybe different sized, different structure, or whatever. Any suggestions?
Maybe try an Alpha V. It's a very crispy cube. It has a very different feel than the Dayan cubes, but it's still very nice and good for speedsolving. You might like it.

bran

WCA
2013IBRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lingyun v2

roxer9918

But want one that will cut corners well and is great for beginner speedsolvers to use that will allow as much growth as possible.
l
That means you must get a cube that is not very fast, Zhanchi is for pros not for beginners. I admit Zhanchi cuts corners like crazy but only with lube. I used a zhanchi when i was sub-50. So its up to you what you want. I would recommend guhong.

Good Luck:cool:

Sad 4u

Alright guys, I just ordered a shengshou 3x3, but I think I might order an alpha v or type d soon. I only got the shengshou because number one, it was like 4 dollars on amazon, and 2, all my other shengshou cubes are amazing, so why not? Anyone here ever try one? The shape looks interesting and unlike one I've seen before. (by shape I mean the inside of the pieces) any thoughts?

mdolszak

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright guys, I just ordered a shengshou 3x3, but I think I might order an alpha v or type d soon. I only got the shengshou because number one, it was like 4 dollars on amazon, and 2, all my other shengshou cubes are amazing, so why not? Anyone here ever try one? The shape looks interesting and unlike one I've seen before. (by shape I mean the inside of the pieces) any thoughts?
The Shengshou 3x3 is kinda disappointing, at least to me. Who knows, you may like it.

YouTube
Visit Channel

The Type C IV Witlong has a very interesting structure. It also has some pretty good speedcubing abilities. You may have to do some slight mods to it though.

iCube4fun

I have been cubing for 3 months with a Rubik's brand and it's fine, quite fast actually, but I'm planning to get a better cube once I sub 25-40. What cube should I get?

maxyso

I have been cubing for 3 months with a Rubik's brand and it's fine, quite fast actually, but I'm planning to get a better cube once I sub 25-40. What cube should I get?

Or you can slow down your zhanchi by tightening it and adding a little extra diff oil. And loosening it and wiping out lube once you want it faster if your broke and don't want to buy more cubes.

iCube4fun

Or you can slow down your zhanchi by tightening it and adding a little extra diff oil. And loosening it and wiping out lube once you want it faster if your broke and don't want to buy more cubes.

Yeah that's a pretty good idea instead of getting a new cube every time I get 10 seconds faster, the other idea was okay but I would have to buy 2 cubes and one would just be sitting there...

hic2482w

WCA
2011NGUY03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bulk 3x3s

so i'm doing a school art project that requires me to buy about 100-200 3x3 cubes (a cube mosaic), and i was wondering if there was a place online to buy cubes in bulk at a cheap price? I'm looking for ~$1 a cube, so dianshengs would be a bit much...help would be appreciated, thanks :)

edit: tiled cubes would be a lot better, i dont really care how bad quality the cubes themselves are :D

Neo63

WCA
2008WUNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi all. So I haven't been following the cubing scene for a while and decided to get back now that I finished high school. I'm looking for a few puzzles.

4x4. I've been using a mini QJ for more than a year now, and it feels okay, but the size is a bit small and it locks up sometimes, but it's fairly smooth. What is the predominant 4x4 right now? I'm looking for a normal sized one that doesn't lock up often.

Square-1: I've heard that they no longer make the first gen mf8 square-1s. Is this true?

Pyraminx: I use a QJ or something and it's not that bad, but the tips kept falling off. I've tried gluing it but that doesn't seem to help, also I won't be able to adjust the tension then.