• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ArniKing2001

The new speedcube I should get

Hello all, here we are to discuss about the best suitable speed cube a cuber should get based on the parameters of the feel of the cube, the speed of the cube, loudness, basic features (price, size, maybe even the brand, etc), speed of the cuber, corner-cutting, lock-ups, pops, and pretty much everything else that concerns the matter.

well, i need a recommendation. I myself am a 20-23 second solver, and I'm on the scope of improving. I currently have a DaYan ZhanChi, but I just don't like the feel of it in particular, nor the very minor lock-ups (due to the frequent misalignment of the layers) that ruin the fluidity of my solve. The cube I have in mind is a MoYu WeiLong. Although I've heard that it may be a bit too fast for me as a 20-23 second solver, but I would rather get it, play around with it and then adapt to it. Now, do correct me if I'm wrong, and if I am wrong, give me a recommendation that would suit me best.

the statistics I would like a cube is based on:
1) Feel
2) Speed
3) Shouldn't be too loud
4) Corner-Cutting
5) Lock-Ups
6) Pops
7) Price, not more than 14.50 USD
8) Size

thanks everyone!

OrigamiCuber1

WCA
2014DHAN03
Well, you haven't given nearly enough info. Your turning style, method, or even what you LIKE in your zhanchi. There is no particular cube to get a a certain speed. Just get a weilong if that's what you have in mind. You will adjust to it.

PJKCuber

WCA
2014KULK02
Hello all, here we are to discuss about the best suitable speed cube a cuber should get based on the parameters of the feel of the cube, the speed of the cube, loudness, basic features (price, size, maybe even the brand, etc), speed of the cuber, corner-cutting, lock-ups, pops, and pretty much everything else that concerns the matter.

well, i need a recommendation. I myself am a 20-23 second solver, and I'm on the scope of improving. I currently have a DaYan ZhanChi, but I just don't like the feel of it in particular, nor the very minor lock-ups (due to the frequent misalignment of the layers) that ruin the fluidity of my solve. The cube I have in mind is a MoYu WeiLong. Although I've heard that it may be a bit too fast for me as a 20-23 second solver, but I would rather get it, play around with it and then adapt to it. Now, do correct me if I'm wrong, and if I am wrong, give me a recommendation that would suit me best.

the statistics I would like a cube is based on:
1) Feel
2) Speed
3) Shouldn't be too loud
4) Corner-Cutting
5) Lock-Ups
6) Pops
7) Price, not more than 14.50 USD
8) Size

thanks everyone!

Too vague

Doof

I understand what you're asking.

Get the Weilong (v1 or v2--I prefer v1), the Shaung Ren V2 (which may be too loud and a touch lock-y), or try to find one of these people that hated the Gans 357 and bargain for it. Aolong is pretty quite too. My favorites are the Gans and the Weilong V1.

Still, in my experience, the Zhanchi is the quietest among them.

You really shouldn't worry about a cube being 'too fast.' You will adapt and adjust. As well, play with the tensions and lube until you get it right.

If I were you, I'd search. If you really search, you can find either the Gans 357 or the Aolong V2 at your price point.

OkinawaSolver

Puzzles to buy

I know im gonna get a 42mm zhanchi, I was also planning to get a c4y cubic 3x3x5 and a dayan super 3x3x2 any other cubes to buy?

OkinawaSolver

I'm gonna get a Dayan planet Bermuda cube which one shall I get im new to cuboids but I don't wanna get bored.
69305d25d903ab544591b76a3a57cb1e.jpg

Yeah, but be prepared to spend a lot of money.

Ok thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

RubikMouse

Im looking for a new OH-cube (I am mainly solving oh, avg 45.xx 2/5 OLL full PLL). I've tried many cubes, got a normal guhong, stickerless guhong FII and a AlphaII. I switched alot between them but neither of those really got the feel I am 100% satisfied with. Hope someone has a good suggestion, I might order 3 at once :)

PJKCuber

WCA
2014KULK02
Im looking for a new OH-cube (I am mainly solving oh, avg 45.xx 2/5 OLL full PLL). I've tried many cubes, got a normal guhong, stickerless guhong FII and a AlphaII. I switched alot between them but neither of those really got the feel I am 100% satisfied with. Hope someone has a good suggestion, I might order 3 at once :)

Mini Zhanchi,Mini Weilong

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01

You will never be 100% satisfied.