• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubeone

I'm looking to get a 7x7 and the shengshou 7x7 came out not too long ago. For those of you who have the SS 7x7 or similar cubes, would you recommend it over something like the v cube 7x7? I have the SS 5x5 and I am quite pleased with it, though there is a crack in the core. The only v cube I have ever owned was the v cube 2a, and I don't really like the feel of it that well. I have somewhat small hands, and so would the pillowed feature of the v cube be of any use to me if I were to get it? Also, since the SS 7x7 is the only cubic 7x7 on the market that I know of, how would I find replacement stickers for it if I were to get it?

xcuber123

YouTube
Visit Channel
plenty of people have them but it's not a good cube. This is because the hollow corners catch on the centre and lockup. watch crazybadcuber or algorithmists review

Amir Nafisi

WCA
2012NAFI01
help me to buy master magic & magic

I want to buy a best magic and master magic for our match in Iran then Iran rubikup 2012 (I think Iran open 2012) but idont know which magic and master is better than another and my records and ave in two items.
magic Rec:1.11 Ave:1.46
Master Rec:4.34 Ave:6.21
now ihave a cubetwist magic and its realy a good magic and my master is Qyqi.please help me.

iEnjoyCubing

WCA
2011VALL01
I'm looking to get a 7x7 and the shengshou 7x7 came out not too long ago. For those of you who have the SS 7x7 or similar cubes, would you recommend it over something like the v cube 7x7? I have the SS 5x5 and I am quite pleased with it, though there is a crack in the core. The only v cube I have ever owned was the v cube 2a, and I don't really like the feel of it that well. I have somewhat small hands, and so would the pillowed feature of the v cube be of any use to me if I were to get it? Also, since the SS 7x7 is the only cubic 7x7 on the market that I know of, how would I find replacement stickers for it if I were to get it?

Get a Shengshou. As far as stickers go, CubeSmith can provide replacements.

MovingOnUp

WCA
2011UNKR01
No one really cares about magic, but if you are hardcore into it, I recommend a ghost hand magic. I own one and a cubetwist and ghost hand seems wayy better. they sell them at icubemart.com if you're looking for somewhere

snorri

Lubix Zanchi or Dayan Zanchi??

should i buy dayan zanchi and lubricate it with lubix or buy a lubix zanchi???

applemobile

When I first got my lubix zanchi it was awful compared to my worn in standard zanchi. But once worn in its a much better cube. Despite what people say, they do need wearing in.

CoryThigpen

Premium Member
WCA
2011THIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will never buy another Lubix cube. The one they sent me was so tight I couldn't even do a double flick with it. It's like they didn't even bothere to try it out after doing their stuff to it. I took it apart, wiped all of the crap off, and tensioned and lubricated myself. Hope this helps.

Vipervenom9

YouTube
Visit Channel
Def buy the Lubix Zhanchi... they did a great job on mine, tension was perfect, and it was silky smooth turning right outta the box. Also saves you the time of doing the 48 point edge mod urself. Mine Lubix Zhanchi is incredibly fast and has yet to pop once.

apoplectic

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd say get just a DaYan Zhanchi, that way you can break it in easier if you want, mod it easier if you want (I'd assume trying to dremel a lubed cube makes things harder with it slipping out of your hands, etc.), then lube it with whatever you want (why get a Lubix one if you prefer silicone?).

retep

I will never buy another Lubix cube. The one they sent me was so tight I couldn't even do a double flick with it.
Lol really? Mine was extremely loose (I tried pulling on the sides to see what the tension was like and pulled out 3 pieces together on one side lol). It was also gummy at first (it was over lubed, but that is typicaly, and actually good imo). It just needed some breaking in and was excellent. However, I am not entirely sure it was worth the price.

IMO you are almost guaranteed a good quality cube and job done, however the cost isn't worth it (like I said, imo). You can get a cheaper cube and lube it yourself, just takes a bit more time (you can also mod if you wish). Basically it comes down to how valuable your time is / how concerned you are with the cost...