• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Im a Roux user, and is always under 24 seconds. Im currently using the Huanying.
Cube suggestions? I need fast M-slices, but not much cutting as Im quite an accurate turner.
Weilong? Guhong v2 (Alex Lau's main)? Fangshi Shuangren v2?

only alex can use a guhong, it just doesn't work, for anyone else. weilong is what i use. because its so pop resistant and doesn't lock up i have it on loose tensions which make the M slice really fast. haven't tried the fangshi.

Doof

Weilong out does the Fangshi only slightly on m-slices for me. I love both. Try either. Or both! Fangshi can be made to be a tad faster than the Weilong, but can lock up. Don't let that dissuade you though. It's an awesome cube. Of course, there is always the Gans 357 which does everything perfectly if glued!

josh42732

I want a new 7x7, my moyu aofu is decent, but I don't like the pillowed-ness (lol i just made up a new word). Should I get a mini shengshou or a normal? I have really big hands- I can fit 6 3x3's in one hand, but I've heard that the mini turns better and I want to eventually speedsolve it. Also, which puzzle will turn better after lubing- the moyu 7x7 or shengshou 7x7?

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
I'm 6'2" and have very big hands and the regular Shengshou is too big to speed solve even though it is incredibly smooth. The mini is a great size and it's very fast but seems a bit less stable than the full size.

I just got an AoFu today and it's a bit more stable than the Shengshou but more sluggish and harder to grip. I'll give it some more time but my first impression is that I'll be sticking with the mini Shengshou as my main.

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
Which 3x3 should I get if I want to speedcube in public?

Something good but inexpensive like a GuanLong or a SuLong so you can give it away if a kid shows interest in learning or it gets lost. Also, avoid cubes like the ShuangRen V2 that have a bunch of caps that explode when you drop it on a tile floor.

transatlantic

ok so right now i have one of the new rubiks cubes and moyu aolong v2 sticker less. i love my aolong but i wanna try a stickered cube. what is the fastest/best smoothest with great corner cutting outside of the moyu brand? is a zhanchi or panshi good or are their better cubes? Also is YJ the same as Moyu?

Doof

Aolong is a great cube. Fastest and best corner-cutting cube period is the Gans 357 (over the Aolong). But it's a touch louder and has an untraditional feel. It feels as if it wants to move. Apart from that, I like the Zhanchi, as it is super fast, smooth and quiet. Amazing cube, still. Honestly though, the weilong and aolong are really just improvements on this (the zhanchi's) design, so perhaps to broaden your horizons, the Gans or a Fangshi cube is an order. The Fangshi Shaung Ren is a super fast and overall excellent cube, though its design is a deal different from the Aolong and most other cubes for that matter. It is very light, and has a interesting scratchy feel. It is very fast though. Perhaps faster than the Aolong. However, it can lock up on you. The Guangying is fast as well, and it's construction is less loose, however its performance is at best the same or less than that of the Shuang Ren.

1: Gans 357 2: Fangshi 3: Zhanchi

I

IAmEpic2004

Right now, I have a Rubik's speed cube. Lame, I know. It locks up a LOT and the corner cutting is bad. I average around 35 seconds, but I know almost all the PLL algorithms. I wan't a cube that is a controllable speed, corner cuts pretty good, and doesn't pop often. I have no idea what I should get, and pardon me if someone made a post really similar to this, I didn't want to read 699 pages. If anyone can help me that'd be great. Thanks!

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Right now, I have a Rubik's speed cube. Lame, I know. It locks up a LOT and the corner cutting is bad. I average around 35 seconds, but I know almost all the PLL algorithms. I wan't a cube that is a controllable speed, corner cuts pretty good, and doesn't pop often. I have no idea what I should get, and pardon me if someone made a post really similar to this, I didn't want to read 699 pages. If anyone can help me that'd be great. Thanks!

Most of the modern speedcubes from Dayan, YJ, Moyu, Maru cx3, Gans, Fangshi, Qiyi, and others have very good fast speed with very little to no lock ups along with a very good anti-pop mech. Also they can corner cut up to 45 and reverse cut half a cubie.

Last edited:

TraciAG

WCA
2015GAGU01
Gem Cube 6...do the stickers stay on well? I will probably never be able to solve it intuitively, but I like how it looks scrambled. That being said I don't know if I want it because I've heard you have to glue all the stickers because they don't stay on well.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Gem Cube 6...do the stickers stay on well? I will probably never be able to solve it intuitively, but I like how it looks scrambled. That being said I don't know if I want it because I've heard you have to glue all the stickers because they don't stay on well.

Most people that I know who owns it have that same sticker issue but you can try ordering replacement stickers from Oliverstickers.com.