• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
Is there a cube with the same fast, smooth, buttery feeling of the Weilong, but a little less blocky and with better corner cutting?
I think the YuXin 3x3 on tight tensions matches that description fairly well. It's a little more bumpy than the WeiLong but I don't find it distracting.

Tiwaz

How does the cyclone boys 5x5 compares to the Yuxin 5x5?
I like the Cyclone Boys which I own not that long ago, the Yuxin wasn't available back then.

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
How does the cyclone boys 5x5 compares to the Yuxin 5x5?
I like the Cyclone Boys which I own not that long ago, the Yuxin wasn't available back then.

I've owned both. They're both great, but the Yuxin is a lot better, and a lot of people consider it the best 5x5 ever made. Though don't feel compelled to buy it if you are fine with your CB. Like I said, it's still a great cube, and was very briefly my main. But I ended up selling it just so I could feel justified in buying my Yuxin, lol.

aolong isnt fast. in fact its so slow for me i cant use it. I have new batch too. whats wrong with mine

I dunno. You should ask this thread, and be more specific.

WCA
2014ATTI01
Is there a cube with the same fast, smooth, buttery feeling of the Weilong, but a little less blocky and with better corner cutting?

tbh, the MEIYING is like a better weilong. the turning and speed is amazing, it is light, fast and smooth, clacky but still a bit buttery imo; good for roux

Last edited:

simoneRoy

Should I wait and get the aolong gt or should I go for the moyu tanglong?

Inviato dal mio M-MP840M utilizzando Tapatalk

ChikenCuber

My only 2x2 currently is Lingpo. It´s pretty good but I have some lockups and it is little bit slow (going to buy lube when I order something from Cubicle). I´m between getting Dayan 2x2 and new tangpo. Which cube I should get and from the pics of the mechanics do you guys think that lockup problem is fixed on tangpo? NB! In have bad turning style so that might be the reason cube lockups sometimes.

NeilH

WCA
2015HEMN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm looking for a 3x3 that's under $10. I really liked the Aolong V2, but I need a new cube because I lost the Aolong. So, I've been think about either getting the Yuxin 3x3 or the QiYi thunderclap. I want a cube that is:

- round and bubbly, i hate the blockiness of the weilong and hualong
- not too fast, i think the hualong was too fast
- not too catchy, my hualong caught a lot
- easy to corner cut, some cubes have great corner cutting, but it takes a little too much force

what should i get? thanks

Felipe Rigon

WCA
2015RIGO01
I'm looking for a 3x3 that's under $10. I really liked the Aolong V2, but I need a new cube because I lost the Aolong. So, I've been think about either getting the Yuxin 3x3 or the QiYi thunderclap. I want a cube that is:

- easy to corner cut, some cubes have great corner cutting, but it takes a little too much force

Your best bet is for the Yuxin 3x3; it does not catch, it's smooth and does not have that blocky feel. Besides, the thunderclap is way faster than the Yuxin.

cubeguy2004

WCA
2014MINA01
i'm choosing a new 3x3 from the cubicle and i'm getting cubicle premium cube.

I'm choosing between tanglong and aolong but i can't find any good comparisons between them.
Can anybody maybe list the pros and cons of both cubes?

Aaron Lau

a lot of ppl who used the aolong v2 switched to the thunderclap because its very similar but it is a little faster

FailCuber

WCA
2011CHOI04

yeah the thunderclap feels like a aolong but you can make it as slow and as fast as you can.

CubePro

YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys I want a cube for OH. 57 mm cubes feel really big in my hands. I'm around 1 min at OH. Should I get the Fangshi mini or the Weilong mini? Or should I get used to my 57 mm Aolong? Thanks!