• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jont828

Moyu Tanglong

Is the TangLong more similar to the Meiying or the AoLong? I've got the Meiying as my main and I'm wondering if the TangLong is worth it.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tanglong is similar to aolong v2 in speed. It is a slow speed. It is smooth and is said to have gans like feeling however I guess that feeling dies down with lube and breaking in.
If you are contempt with your current speedcube, there is no need to buy a new one.

Aaron Lau

Is the yuxin better than the aosu because i see lots of reviews saying that their new 'main' is the yuxin and in a later vid they say their main is a mini aosu.

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
Hi, I have asked before here and in the Megaminx specific thread about this but do you really think that the SS can get so good after modding? Because my YJ Yuhu is so-so. It does not have a whole lot of solves yet but it took a lot of tinkering with the tensions to get all faces to turn more or less the same (not perfect but decent), and the grip with the grooves in the pieces is quite good but the instability of the faces drives me nuts. It misaligns very easily when you try to just hold it and in the end I lock up all the time.

I'm not a bit Mega solver so I did not want to spent like $19 in a Dayan but the SS is quite cheap and I wouldn't mind to spend the time modding it if I find a good tutorial. So, I would be willing to buy a SS if it's going to be more stable than my Yuhu. I wanted to try a stickerles one because I hate the small stickers and it must be a pain to replace them, but I'm afraid there is no stickerles SS.

I think people generally feel that the modded SS is really good, but to quote someone on facebook, you have to 'mod the living hell out of it'. Odder has a video showing corners and edges, while you can decide if you want to mod the centres.

On another note, based on the megaminxes that I've tried, I'd say that I like the turning of the shengshou more than other megaminxes, just that it has literally 0 corner cutting, resulting in lots of lockups.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think people generally feel that the modded SS is really good, but to quote someone on facebook, you have to 'mod the living hell out of it'. Odder has a video showing corners and edges, while you can decide if you want to mod the centres.

On another note, based on the megaminxes that I've tried, I'd say that I like the turning of the shengshou more than other megaminxes, just that it has literally 0 corner cutting, resulting in lots of lockups.

I will check that video out and see the amount of work needed to mod a SS but, honestly, I might just buy one the next time I order some cubes, as the 5-6 dollars is not that much. Anyway I just wish I had bought a Dayan stickerless instead of the Yuhu :) I can't stand those little edge stickers in the Yuhu. They're so tiny that under less-than-perfect lighting it's really difficult to tell the two yellows apart and so on.

Aaron Lau

Tanglong vs Aolong vs Hualong vs Meiying vs Yuxin 3x3 vs Dayan zhanchi

they all have different feelings. its all up to u but the aolong v2 is a very versatile cube that matches many turning styles unless u like flexy and non blocky cubes.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
Meiying or Thunderclap? which one has a more similar feel to that of a weilong and very fast and smooth and clacky?

I'd say more similar to Weilong would be the Thunderclap but I don't have a Meiying, just a Yueying but just design-wise I think it's a safe bet.
People say that Thunderclap is like an "upgrade" over an Aolong v2.

WCA
2014ATTI01
I'd say more similar to Weilong would be the Thunderclap but I don't have a Meiying, just a Yueying but just design-wise I think it's a safe bet.
People say that Thunderclap is like an "upgrade" over an Aolong v2.

Thanks because a friend of mine recommended me a Meiying so I'll try both in comp before buying any one of them

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Meiying or Thunderclap? which one has a more similar feel to that of a weilong and very fast and smooth and clacky?

Oh man, I cannot decided which I like better and they are completely different. The Thunderclap is a bit more stable like the WeiLong but does feel much more like and light AoLong. The MeiYing is fast and louder because of the hollow pieces. Honestly, get both. You might like one more than the other but you won't regret having both. I am giving away a Thunderclap in a video being uploaded now to the channel if you want to just win one ;)