• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
(Help) WHICH CUBE To BUY?

HEY GUYS I NEED HELP I AM PLANNING TO BUY A MOYU AOLONG V2 AND MY AVG IS 40S PLZ TELL ME IF I AM CORRECT.
DO TELL ME THE COST OF MOYU AOLONG V2 3×3

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
HEY GUYS I NEED HELP I AM PLANNING TO BUY A MOYU AOLONG V2 AND MY AVG IS 40S PLZ TELL ME IF I AM CORRECT.
DO TELL ME THE COST OF MOYU AOLONG V2 3×3

Any new speedcube is good. Whether you're slow or fast, I don't really see the point of buying a cheaper cube as eventually you'll probably get another one. The cost will depend on where you're buying from. It ranges from $12 USD (China stores) to $16 USD (most American stores)

TCG

Should i get the gans 356 or cong's design meiying? I already have moyu tanglong which a lot of people say is like the gans 356. I have never tried a gans 356 before but after watching vids on youtube about the gans 356, i realised that the gans 356 sound and speed is similar to moyu tanglong... So if moyu tanglong is the same as gans 356, then i wont buy it. Besides, i'll have to go to the beach just to sand down the corners, which is troublesome.
For the meiying is it stable and what cube is it most similar to? I think it is similar to the hualong? Im not sure, but i already have the hualong, but i still will buy the meiying if its similar to hualong, just need to know how it compares with the hualong. Also, what's the difference between meiying and yueying in terms of speed, sound, stability, etc.
I can only buy 1 due to my budget.

ThatOneGuy

WCA
2015DENG08
Should i get the gans 356 or cong's design meiying? I already have moyu tanglong which a lot of people say is like the gans 356. I have never tried a gans 356 before but after watching vids on youtube about the gans 356, i realised that the gans 356 sound and speed is similar to moyu tanglong... So if moyu tanglong is the same as gans 356, then i wont buy it. Besides, i'll have to go to the beach just to sand down the corners, which is troublesome.
For the meiying is it stable and what cube is it most similar to? I think it is similar to the hualong? Im not sure, but i already have the hualong, but i still will buy the meiying if its similar to hualong, just need to know how it compares with the hualong. Also, what's the difference between meiying and yueying in terms of speed, sound, stability, etc.
I can only buy 1 due to my budget.

I don't see any reason to go out and buy another cube if you are satisfied with your tanglong. All cubes these days are very similar in performance and won't change your times.

TCG

I don't see any reason to go out and buy another cube if you are satisfied with your tanglong. All cubes these days are very similar in performance and won't change your times.

I'm a collecter. I like collecting different cubes with different feeling, speed, sound, etc. I just wanted to know if the cubes are similar, if they're similar (in terms of speed, sound, feeling like the tanglong with the gans 356) i wouldn't buy them and waste money and space.
So would appreciate if someone can really tell me the difference between the tanglong and gans 356. Are they almost identical?
For the meiying, how does it feel, whats the speed like, whats the sound like. How does it compare with the hualong? Is meiying really that good?

puzzl3add1ct

For the meiying, how does it feel, whats the speed like, whats the sound like. How does it compare with the hualong? Is meiying really that good?

To me the meiying feels like a mix between a weilong and a hualong. It has a smooth feeling but it's crunchy feeling is more noticeable than the smooth feel. It is stable but it feels loose(I mean when you shake the cube the corners rattle). It's other feats are just like any other 3x3 out there. It's corner cutting is on par with other cubes, doesn't pop and corner twist and it does not have any major lock ups. Personally I don't really like it but that's only my opinion on the cube. You should look at reviews from other cubers that have a similar turning style with you.

fiftyniner

Meiying is a different animal altogether. Aolong V2 and Hualong feels like it is riding on an old locomotive rail. Meiying feels like you're grinding with a really fine sandpaper. :D

Meiying is smaller but, unless you go to the extreme loose tensioning, won't pop or lock or catch.

If you are a collector, and don't have previous Cong's design cubes, then get one.
Waitaminit - if you are really a collector, you should be getting the Gans 356S/357 as well:cool:

Edit: compare with hualong -
I prefer the size and turning feel of hualong. But when I set the hualong a bit loose, it will pop if I get too fast/aggressive. Doesn't happen on tighter tension but I don't like the 'tighter' feel.

TCG

Meiying is a different animal altogether. Aolong V2 and Hualong feels like it is riding on an old locomotive rail. Meiying feels like you're grinding with a really fine sandpaper. :D

Meiying is smaller but, unless you go to the extreme loose tensioning, won't pop or lock or catch.

If you are a collector, and don't have previous Cong's design cubes, then get one.
Waitaminit - if you are really a collector, you should be getting the Gans 356S/357 as well:cool:

Edit: compare with hualong -
I prefer the size and turning feel of hualong. But when I set the hualong a bit loose, it will pop if I get too fast/aggressive. Doesn't happen on tighter tension but I don't like the 'tighter' feel.
Well like I said, due to my budget, I can only get 1 at the moment :p But thanks for the info anyway guys! :D

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
Any thoughts on CB 5x5 vs Yuxin 5x5? I'm getting pretty tired of the lockups in my Aochuang and am leaning towards trying the Yuxin, but just wanted to see what other people might recommend.

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
Any thoughts on CB 5x5 vs Yuxin 5x5? I'm getting pretty tired of the lockups in my Aochuang and am leaning towards trying the Yuxin, but just wanted to see what other people might recommend.
The CB 5x5 is more forgiving but it's extremely fast and difficult to keep all the layers aligned. The YuXin 5x5 is a bit more catchy but it's more controllable. I think the YuXin is the better cube overall but mine got extremely slow after a few weeks. I suspect some lube will fix that.

tomahawker314

Hey guys I have returned to cubing after a seriously long break (don't know how i lived 2 years without a cube lol) and want advice of what 4x4 to buy. My current one is truly awful and was bought many years ago, an eastsheen iirc. My times on 4x4 aren't blistering but my 3x3 is creeping down to 30 secs so I require some speed. my 3x3 is a dayan zhanchi, don't know if this helps.