• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Euro 2010

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Erik is now getting famous for 2nd place.
At Euro: 2nd for 333, 444 and 555
At 333: 2nd at Euro 2008, Worlds 2009, Euro 2010

I would be ridiculously proud of such consistent results in so many events over such a long period. Especially because he got beat by a different person each and every time. This truly makes him the best allrounder of all time for me

(Milán had the most podiums though)

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think he's more puzzled at the age demographic
"Did I just place 2nd in a Sport Stacking competition?"

Seriously though, how'd this happen? Tomasz didn't place, nor did Breandan, Kaneti, or Mats? 10.31 second avg when a year ago he was 22 second avg. From what I hear though the kid's cross on left so that's a plus.

What the hell?! Are good times reserved for grown-ups? The cross on left is a "plus", and the age is a minus?

aronpm

What the hell?! Are good times reserved for grown-ups? The cross on left is a "plus", and the age is a minus?

I think it's more that, the faster people are younger than they used to be.

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Erik is now getting famous for 2nd place.
At Euro: 2nd for 333, 444 and 555
At 333: 2nd at Euro 2008, Worlds 2009, Euro 2010

I would be ridiculously proud of such consistent results in so many events over such a long period. Especially because he got beat by a different person each and every time. This truly makes him the best allrounder of all time for me

(Milán had the most podiums though)

That came in handy...

Sum of all events?, Milan is the obvious winner but the rest of top 10? (Erik, Cornelius, Mats, Maarten, Barat, Simon... are there but I don't know the order)

I have not the energy to to this work so I hope for someone else :p

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Besides the fact that it was very cool to meet all cool people and new cool people the competition itself was (competition-wise) not that yay because of the venue and organization. Also the prize ceremony was quite odd with the Hungarian anthem and prize for best Hungarian competitor (?), I agree with Milan on that.
Result wise I'd rather have ended 5th or so or 3rd if Breandan didn't mess up his last solve, for one it sucks being 2nd AGAIN and also a bit weird since it's a doubtful if Russia is really part of Europe (I know WCA thinks of it as such). Besides that Sergey did a good job on his average no doubt about that, we raced a bit before the comp so I knew he was that fast.

Also a bit unlucky at 4x4 and 5x5...
On 4x4 one parity less would've probably won and a POP on a good solve on 5x5 probably cost me 1st place too (I know Michal is WAY better than me but at that moment I could've gotten him). Also stepping up the podium for 2nd place 5x5 and then hearing from the number one 'you are slow' kinda makes you angry........

Last edited:

gasmus

WCA
2007VALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There is going to be a huge delay with my flight:/ so i have time to post some stuff now

Great competition! (except the prize ceremony...wtf)
Had a great time with everyone! no point in naming names, theres too many^^

Highlights of competition:
sub 10 average! finally! (bit disappointed about the counting 10.90 but w/e)
NL 8.31 in finals
38.xx 4x4?! my PB ever and only my 2nd sub 40:D

Congratz of course to Sergey!^^ i think of all people with a chance of winning he was the happiest about it:) but Eriiiiiik:(((( Still the best all round cuber of the competition though! Congratz to all the podium winners and everyone else who did well too:)

Special thanks to Zava and his parents for letting me stay at their place, its always so nice there^^ and Charlie for letting me stay at hers with no notice at all^^ this is going to be a dificult day and i wouldntve had any sleep otherwise:S

will probably add more later, too tired now

Radu

Premium Member
WCA
2009FACI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Extremely tired and about to finally fall asleep but a few things to say (more will come later):

Thanks to everyone that organised, especially to Olivér who is really amazing at what he does considering he hasn't been doing it that long! Everything ran very smoothly and the organisation was fantastic.

It did not feel like a big competition, which was both good for results but bad because the atmosphere was lacking a bit.

The winning ceremony was very peculiar indeed, especially the random discussion at the end from a Hungarian man about cubers having a lot of pride and there being no doping in the speed cubing community. This is apparently a reason to respect cubers. We have doping tests.... right?

Charlie pointed out everything just great.
The competition ran smoothly, without delays. Olivér did an amazing job, I think. Unfortunately it didn't feel like a big competitio...in just like a regular one. So, I'm not the only one who felt the same. :)

I didn't like the venue so much. Especially those powerful lights which created too sharp shadows. The side stage had a much better lightning and comfortable tables. For the main stage there were only 6 chairs for 15 timers.
Unfortunately the "party" from Saturday ended up very quick, because everybody wanted to go to the hotel and take a shower, change their clothes etc...after a long day from 9 o'clock. So, it was not the best idea to have the party at the venue.
The winning ceremony was a bit weird ...but I won't comment about that.

Anyway, I am happy I was there. It was a great experience, I met some amazing people and also Mr. Rubik.

Kickflip1993

WCA
2009GUGL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Overall the competition was well planned, except for the winning ceremony, which was a bit... well, wierd^^

And i didn´t like the hungarian moderator guy, comments like "bravo Tomasz" on a 12 are not that professional... It always seemed like he was trying to dominate the other moderater, but maybe thats only my thoughts..

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Item on Dutch national tv.
http://static.nos.nl/jeugdjournaal/artikelen/2010/10/3/wereldkampioenschapkubuspuzzelen.html
Erik, were you interviewed by a Dutch team in Dutch?

HAHA, actually I was interviewed but the team was for an umbrella organization, so they asked me to answer in Dutch to English questions ;-)
As usual they got the 'world record but not world champ' thing wrong AGAIN -.- I guided several people to Breandan when they looked for the world champ, but partly in vain I guess.

antros

WCA
2008PRYK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Code:
European Rubik's Cube Championship 2010 Medal Classification

place	Name	                gold   silver  bronze  all
1	Bence Barát	           3 	0	0	3
2	Michal Pleskowicz          2 	1	0	3
3	Rafal Guzewicz	           2	0	0	2
4	Michal Halczuk	           1	2	0	3
5	Bálint Bodor	           1	0	1	2
6	Sergey Ryabko	           1	0	0	1
6	Giovanni Contardi          1	0	0	1
6	Ville Seppänen	           1	0	0	1
6       Máté Horváth               1    0       0       1
6	Grzegorz Luczyna           1	0	0	1
6	Péter Pozsgai	           1	0	0	1
6	Oscar Roth Andersen        1	0	0	1
6	Piotr Michal Padlewski     1	0	0	1
6	Maarten Smit	           1	0	0	1
6	Korneliusz Tombarkiewicz   1	0	0	1
16	Erik Akkersdijk	           0	4	0	4
17	Mats Valk	           0	3	0	3
18	Milán Baticz	           0	1	4	5
19	Marcell Endrey	           0	1	1	2
19	Daniel Sheppard	           0	1	1	2
21	David Gugl	           0	1	0	1
21	Brúnó Bereczki             0 	1	0	1
21	Oskar Asbrink	           0	1	0	1
21	Kai Jiptner	           0	1	0	1
21	István Kocza	           0	1	0	1
26	Cornelius Dieckmann	   0	0	2	2
26	Simon Westlund	           0	0	2	2
28	Guillain Potron	           0	0	1	1
28	Kanneti Sae Han	           0	0	1	1
28	Zalán Mihály	           0	0	1	1
28	Tomas Kristiansson    	   0	0	1	1
28	Gaël Dusser	           0	0	1	1
28	Norbert Héjja	           0	0	1	1
28	Sanio Kasumovic	           0	0	1	1

Milan is the obvious winner but the rest of top 10? (Erik, Cornelius, Mats, Maarten, Barat, Simon... are there but I don't know the order) I have not the energy to to this work so I hope for someone else :p
what?
edit: aha :)

Last edited:

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Don't you know about "sum of all ranks"? it is on the statistics page at WCA.

Simon calculated some of the figures but Mats and Cornelius are missing:

Milan 166, average 8.7
Bence 271, 14.3
Simon 283, 14.9
Maarten 287, 15.1
Erik 290, 15.3

Edit: I started to work on this a bit, got the basics done :

3x3x3 : 224 (for all events last placed competitor of the first round + 1, qualification competitors are not counted)
4x4x4 : 91
5x5x5 : 80
2x2x2 : 163
BLD : 46
OH : 86
FMC : 60
Feet : 23
Mega : 64
Pyra : 96
Sq-1 : 54
Clock : 69
6x6 : 34
7x7 : 36
Magic : 111
Master : 72
4 BLD : 11
5 BLD : 3 :p
Multi : 30

Sum : 1352

This is the place/score we who was not there will get. If someone that was there did not participiate in a event the number in this list will be his/hers score for that event.

Edit more:

Here are the figures I got :

1; Milán Baticz : 169
2; Bence Barát : 271
3; Simon Westlund : 284
4; Erik Akkersdijk : 291
4; Maarten Smit : 291
6; Cornelius Dieckmann : 357
7; Dániel Varga : 416
8; Mats Valk : 418
9; Michal Pleskowicz : 445
10; Henrik Buus Aagaard : 490
11; Bálint Bodor : 517

These numbers are a little diffrent from Simons, he did not add 1 to the last place for events not done. I think I got all sub 500 competitors in there but I may have missed one or so and I did not see an obvious one to calculate for place 10, it will do as is =)

Edit: added Bálint at place 10 and also corrected the figure for FMC (and the sum) that I had wrong at first. It did not affect the outcome because all in this list was in FMC...

And now I found Dániel Varga =)

Erik, it looks like he has lost it a bit but it is not like so, he had DNF in Magic and 103 points there. If he had the same as his PB he would have gotten the poduim and sub 200 in this list.

Last edited:

Benyó

WCA
2008BARA01
Don't you know about "there are different categories"? these are on the statistics page at WCA
Milán was the best all rounder and I won the most events. Everybody can decide what is the most important for him.
i think not competing in 5bld worths +16 points not 3, because there were the successful solve, the 14 dnfs, who get 2 points, and the cubers who weren't qualified to the EC. And it is the same with the other events of course.

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't you know about "there are different categories"? these are on the statistics page at WCA
Milán was the best all rounder and I won the most events. Everybody can decide what is the most important for him.
i think not competing in 5bld worths +16 points not 3, because there were the successful solve, the 14 dnfs, who get 2 points, and the cubers who weren't qualified to the EC. And it is the same with the other events of course.

Yes, sure, I can agree to that but I used the same format as for "sum of all ranks" (I hope =)

Last edited:

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Breandan - I have your maths folder :| Also, how long were you delayed for? Did you sleep okay? ANSWER MY QUESTIONS.

I forgot to say before - Cornelius is such an honest and very humble kid. I know a lot of people that have not mentioned anything when they had the same scramble twice/three times in one round at another competition (and they definitely did because the whole group was scrambled incorrectly). Half confessed, half said nothing!