• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Gaming keyboard recommendations?

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
I am in the market for a nice gaming keyboard. At one time, I had a Saitek Eclipse that I was very fond of. I had considered simply getting another one of those, but after some shopping around, I see that there have been a lot of new keyboards introduced since the last time I checked. I would love to hear some simple recommendations from anyone that has a gaming keyboard.

I am not interested in the Eclipse II... as I recall, those were not all that great.

I am most interested in the Saitek Eclipse III, the Saitek Cyborg, the various offering from Logitech, and also the Razor keyboards.

Zarxrax

A normal space bar is really inefficient for gaming. I mean its just a freakin' long key that takes up a bunch of space.
I still use a compaq keyboard that I got about 15 years ago. It has a unique spacebar that is actually split into 2 keys. The left half is a backspace, and the right half is normal space. It works out REALLY well for gaming, because it gives me an extra key in a VERY nice location. In first person shooting games for instance, I can set the left part to crouch, and the right part to jump.
I've actually been thinking of buying a Japanese keyboard, because they cram even more keys down into that bottom row, but I'm not actually sure if you can assign gaming functions to them :\

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
PKB3000: simple, plain, and fast. Best for playing kartrider.
I found a few pictures of this one... but I couldn't find much info on English sites. From the specs I could find, it appears that this is a ps/2 keyboard and not a USB. Can you verify this?

I have used both of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823175103
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126034

I like the Saitek key-wise more than the G15 but the G15's extra features are just so damn sexy. If you got the money for the G15 I'd go with it but otherwise the Saitek is good too (at least, the one I've used anyway)
That Saitek is the exact one I have owned before. I absolutely loved that keyboard! That is why I am posting here... unless someone recommends anything else over it, I will simply be purchasing another of those. I remember when the G15 was first released, but I haven't had the opportunity to try one out for myself.

A normal space bar is really inefficient for gaming. I mean its just a freakin' long key that takes up a bunch of space.
I still use a compaq keyboard that I got about 15 years ago. It has a unique spacebar that is actually split into 2 keys. The left half is a backspace, and the right half is normal space. It works out REALLY well for gaming, because it gives me an extra key in a VERY nice location. In first person shooting games for instance, I can set the left part to crouch, and the right part to jump.
I've actually been thinking of buying a Japanese keyboard, because they cram even more keys down into that bottom row, but I'm not actually sure if you can assign gaming functions to them :\

As far as gaming goes, I was a 1st person shooter guy. I have played a few other types of games, but I really don't care about the type of keyboard I use for those. Shooters, at least to me, are the ones that require the most responsive keys. I will be purchasing another Logitech MX518 mouse to replace the one I no longer have... and I like to keep most of my keybinds mapped to the buttons on that.

I would love to see a pic of that Compaq keyboard though, I have never seen a split spacebar before, except for the ergonomic boards.

daniel0731ex

PKB3000: simple, plain, and fast. Best for playing kartrider.
I found a few pictures of this one... but I couldn't find much info on English sites. From the specs I could find, it appears that this is a ps/2 keyboard and not a USB. Can you verify this?

I have used both of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823175103
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126034

I like the Saitek key-wise more than the G15 but the G15's extra features are just so damn sexy. If you got the money for the G15 I'd go with it but otherwise the Saitek is good too (at least, the one I've used anyway)
That Saitek is the exact one I have owned before. I absolutely loved that keyboard! That is why I am posting here... unless someone recommends anything else over it, I will simply be purchasing another of those. I remember when the G15 was first released, but I haven't had the opportunity to try one out for myself.

As far as gaming goes, I was a 1st person shooter guy. I have played a few other types of games, but I really don't care about the type of keyboard I use for those. Shooters, at least to me, are the ones that require the most responsive keys. I will be purchasing another Logitech MX518 mouse to replace the one I no longer have... and I like to keep most of my keybinds mapped to the buttons on that.

I would love to see a pic of that Compaq keyboard though, I have never seen a split spacebar before, except for the ergonomic boards.

i think racing games like kartrider requires even more response than shooting:D i heard the "pros" actually have to replace them once in one or two months because of the heavy usage.

the PKB3000 have both USB and PS2 versons. depends on your preferance:p

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you can fork out the money get a Steelseries 7G, no gimmicky features but no faults AT ALL and indestructable... And believe me I've tried.

(And not to brag but I'm ex semi-pro at PC gaming and I know other Pros who wholey recommend this beast)

Last edited:
O

Owen

Keyboards are the platters, right? I have a chip that came off a keyboard.

2eo8ozt_th.jpg