• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Help

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi I have been cubing for about 3 years and I still get around 55 seconds to a 1 min. I see the keyhole method. I was wondering what I can do to get sub 20.

Last edited:

DaBear

even with beginners method and a store bought you should have averages around 1:00 to 1:10....i was that way till i got my DIY and tacked off 10 seconds and then began f2l

chris410

Look up Badmephisto on youtube and watch his tutorials. If you want to improve, you should watch the videos and see if they are helpful to you. Otherwise, you could work on learning a different method.

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3 years... 55 to 1 min, that's pretty rough, tbo. I would recommend doing some or all of the following. (I'm assuming you are using a rubiks storebought and beginner's layer-by-layer method, correct me if i'm wrong)

• Purchase a better cube from popbuying. I recommend trying one or all of the following, Type FII, Cube4You, Type A, Type C. Lube with silicon oil or spray and adjust the screws/springs to your liking.

• Learn intuitive F2L, as posted earlier, badmephisto's youtube page should get you started, but practicing it indefinitely will help you more than watching vids

• Do the same for PLL if you haven't already, learn both As, Us, H, Z and E. If you already know these, start learning full PLL, and don't put off learning Gs till the end (like I and many others did) These can be found here http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/PLL

• Now, the most important part, look-ahead. When you are solving cross be looking at how you can transition quickly into the first F2L pair. The idea is to be looking one step ahead of what your hands are doing. Even with fast turning speed, long pauses between algs will destroy your times.

Last edited:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
How does this thread fail? Let me count the ways.

1. Yet another "how to get faster" thread
2. Posting in wrong subforum
3. Horrible choice of thread title ("Help"? Thanks. That's real specific.)
4. Double posting
5. Refusing the only good advice. Really, practicing is the only way to get faster. If you're still at 55 seconds after three years you're obviously not practicing hard enough.
6. Seriously? Another "how do I get sub-20" thread? Never mind using search, did you look around at the forum AT ALL before starting a new thread?

It's like you have no idea how this forum works. I have half a mind to revoke your posting privileges until you gain some common sense.

Last edited: