• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Princeton Fall 2010

Which Saturday(s) can you come to?

• October 30

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • November 6

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Either

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
[Update]
Tentative results (Excel file)

If someone in an earlier time zone can pick out the highlights, I would appreciate it.

I don't have complete registration information for the following competitors:

Alexander Heaton
Andrew Chen
Andrew Samet
Andrew Sun
Carlos Puentes
Chris Reilly
Christian Carmellini
Chuck Crabb
Hersh Shrivastava
Josh Shinn
Lillian Zhou
Sky Zangas
Yash Shrivastava

If your name appears here, please email me (smakisumi [at] gmail) with the following information:

Name
Country you are representing (must be a citizen (own a passport) of the country)
WCA ID (leave this blank if you do not have one)

princetonfall2010.jpg

[original post]
Hey all,

[edit...date decided]
Princeton Fall 2010 will (most likely) take place on Saturday November 6 at the Richardson auditorium (it's pretty baller: http://images.google.com/images?q=richardson+auditorium) at Princeton University. We'll have a competition page up at http://www.princeton.edu/~cubeclub/. (November 6 is a better day for us than October 30...sorry to the two people.)

We're requesting money from the student organization project board to get this place, so we want a lot of people to show up. And seriously, this auditorium is too baller for a small competition. Tell us if there are specific events you want us to include!

Events definitely included:
3x3
4x4
5x5
3x3OH
3x3BLD
FMC

macky

p.s. How do I close this poll?

Last edited:

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
Which?

We'll have these events for sure:
3x3
4x4
5x5
3x3BLD
3x3OH
FMC

There are multiple side rooms we can use, so feel free to suggest random puzzles.

Last edited:

timspurfan

YouTube
Visit Channel
2x2
3x3OH
maybe big cubes bld? (depending on the number of people)
Clock
Pyraminx

By the way, i would not enter all of tose, just suggestions, and my b-day is the 7th so Im pretty sure I can convince my parents to take me.

happyface352

I think this is an awesome idea as there aren't any conveniently located competitions near where I live. Incidentally, I live in Plainsboro, which is around 15 minutes from Princeton.

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm pretty sure I would come either day. It's only about 15 miles from me so it'd be a nice, short trip. I'll be happy to participate in any events that you have, I'm not picky!

I'm very excited to see how baller this place is.

lilkdub503

WCA
2010WARR01
Bump. Is there a delegate?

[Is anyone able to give me a ride from New York City?] Oh hey, public transport is pretty frickin good in the Northeast. Little did I know.

It's cool if you accept my input only if I can really go. Square-1? It's a nice little puzzle, it's pretty fast to scramble and solve (not for me, but I just have to remember some algs). Maybe Pyra? I like both.

I have a couple of things for your site though: First, make sure you update that page on the competition, maybe include CubingUSA as a link, and that's about it for now.

Last edited:

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
bump

Princeton Open 2010 announced!
November 6, 2010 - Richardson Auditorium in Alexander Hall

* 2x2 Speedsolve - Combined Final
* 3x3 Speedsolve - 3 rounds
* 3x3 OH - 2 rounds
* 3x3 BLD - 1 round
* 4x4 Speedsolve - Combined Final
* 5x5 Speedsolve - Combined Final

Side Events (1 round each):

* Square-1
* Clock
* Pyraminx
* FMC

Website - http://www.cubingusa.com/princeton/index.php

Tyson

WCA
2004MAOT02
This place actually is quite baller. It was in consideration for US 2010 but we had a much easier time booking the venue at MIT and also, I was able to visit the MIT site personally.