• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] 16/16 MBLD - Muhammad Iril Khairul Anam

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Poor Chuck - he's like "I can't believe it came out that bad!" I remember feeling a lot like that at the Ohio Open last year. Except I was only doing 10 cubes, not 15.

Congratulations Iril! Your performance was totally amazing!!

And congratulations to Chuck for encouraging all these great multiBLD solvers. You should be very proud.

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
Is it just me or does everyone else not know about this awesome guy Iril until the past few days?

Seriously man, you're awesome!

almost nobody in China knew Tong Jiang before he made the 15/15 Multi BLD solve too. I should say that this event is more likely to test competitors' memorisation skills rather than speed solving skills. Every people know Erik, Feliks etc because they are excellent speed solvers and less people care about Multi BLD in general.

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01
Good video Jani , thank you :) your father became a Cameraman ;) .

Iril had lend 13 cubes from Abel Brata because he has only 3 cubes and the day before Jakarta Open 2010 he should have visited the Dentist but he prefer to use that money to pay the competition etc hihihihihih good choice Iril

A week before Jakarta Open 2010 , Chuck said that he got no passion anymore with multi bld, he is a bit tired of multi bld and he was busy with interviews for his book from some place to another place and to another place in one day that was almost 2 month's ago. He is also busy with his last semester at Gajah Mada University, so no surprise if he was not so fit this time ;) but all Indonesian cubers got respect for Chuck as a Teacher, I just saw this video how Iril proud of Chuck as the Best multi bld teacher.

Keep it up Iril.

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it just me or does everyone else not know about this awesome guy Iril until the past few days?

Seriously man, you're awesome!

almost nobody in China knew Tong Jiang before he made the 15/15 Multi BLD solve too. I should say that this event is more likely to test competitors' memorisation skills rather than speed solving skills. Every people know Erik, Feliks etc because they are excellent speed solvers and less people care about Multi BLD in general.

That was because the Chinese aren't really regulars here in this forum, so we hardly know about them unless somebody who regularly visits the Chinese forums posted a video about them here.
But the Indonesians have been posting their multi BLD vids here all the while so I was just wondering why I've never heard of Irill :rolleyes:

Iril had lend 13 cubes from Abel Brata because he has only 3 cubes and the day before Jakarta Open 2010 he should have visited the Dentist but he prefer to use that money to pay the competition etc hihihihihih good choice Iril

Wow..if he only has 3 cubes, what has he been using to practise at home?

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01
The last time I met with Irril was 27th of December 2009 in Jakarta and we had a cube meeting, Abel told me that he gave Irril 13 cubes for practice MLB, and Irril just started to practice since a new year, he uses a virtualism method.

Now I understand why Irril always says that he loves the darkness, I thought he loves to live in the darkness ;) now I understand he loves to solve in darkness :)

Last edited:

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
The last time I met with Irril was 27th of December 2009 in Jakarta and we had a cube meeting, Abel told me that he gave Irril 13 cubes for practice MLB, and Irril just started to practice since a new year, he uses a virtualism method.

Now I understand why Irril always says that he loves the darkness, I thought he loves to live in the darkness ;) now I understand he loves to solve in darkness :)

:eek: incredible

Olivér Perge

WCA
2007PERG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congrats to all of you! It is likely that the next multi WR will come from Indonesia too! ;)

Anders is a lucky judge! He judged my 6/6 in 2007 which was the second best result at that time. Well, kind of...

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great Video Jani Thanks ! :D

AFAIK, Iril use M2 for edge and old Pochman for the corner

he use PAPA for the memo :)

Wow, one-minute 3x3x3 BLD solves with M2/old Pochmann. Very fast!

Note his three times this competition were:
1:04.38 1:31.47 1:01.52
All three successful.

People say that these new BLD cubers are only amazing because of their strong memorization skills, but a one-minute 3x3x3 BLD solve with M2/old Pochmann requires pretty decent overall cubing skills, I think.