• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Software subforum

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
How would you guys feel about a subforum for puzzle related software? A fair amount of discussion goes on about various timers, as well as simulators and solvers. I know some people are big computer cube enthusiasts. Also gone are the days when everybody used JNetCube; there are many more timer options available now. Those threads are kind of scattered around speedcubing discussion and off topic, and it would be nice to have a central place to share them. Things like CCT support questions can also go there.

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes! I totally recommended this a while ago. Hopefully this would keep people from duplicating the work that so many others have already done, and instead encourage them to build bigger better things.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I support this idea a lot, but I hope it doesn't get filled with too much spam.

Since CCT is so widely used, what about having a CCT sub-subforum that gets used for "official" discussion, sharing of themes/whatever, threadsa about extensions/translations, support, etc.
(Although I have a feeling people would not bother to find it when they have desperate CCT questions.)

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, and if it's too much to work in, make 2 separate sections of it:

work in progress
finished products

finished products are something that's completely usable, while work in progress would be sources that, if allowed, the community could collaborate on if wanted.

Or just 1 section. Yeah. That'd work, too.

vrumanuk

WCA
2009RUMA01
How would you guys feel about a subforum for puzzle related software? A fair amount of discussion goes on about various timers, as well as simulators and solvers. I know some people are big computer cube enthusiasts. Also gone are the days when everybody used JNetCube; there are many more timer options available now. Those threads are kind of scattered around speedcubing discussion and off topic, and it would be nice to have a central place to share them. Things like CCT support questions can also go there.
I support this idea a lot, but I hope it doesn't get filled with too much spam.

Since CCT is so widely used, what about having a CCT sub-subforum that gets used for "official" discussion, sharing of themes/whatever, threadsa about extensions/translations, support, etc.
(Although I have a feeling people would not bother to find it when they have desperate CCT questions.)
Yes and yes.