• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Manxkiwi

If you search for yj logo or Yong Jun logo, you won't get these symbols coming up. Not when I searched anyway..
Plus YJ isn't as big a player as Moyu and Gan etc. That and I only have a handful of YJ cubes. I certainly wasn't familiar with the logo.
Many thanks all the same.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you search for yj logo or Yong Jun logo, you won't get these symbols coming up. Not when I searched anyway..
Plus YJ isn't as big a player as Moyu and Gan etc. That and I only have a handful of YJ cubes. I certainly wasn't familiar with the logo.
Many thanks all the same.
Yeah you're right. But Yj is one of the oddball cubing companies when it comes to their logos. They originally had a red oval logo that said YJ in yellow, then sometime in 2015/16 or so they switched to the 2x2 Mandarin grid text logo. But nowadays YJ uses a combination of logos. The logos include the 2x2 Mandarin grid text logo, MGC, a "3D" logo that has YJ with Young Jun Toys written in-between the Y and J, and finally the OG Red Oval logo. It really depends on what product, package, or even company promo info that Yj decides to use what version of their logo.

toker5

I have an old Alpha cube, but I cannot remember where I got it nor which type it is. I've checked this thread:
but none of the pictures match.

What's special about this one is the edges: rounded edges outwards, but non-rounded edges towards the center, making the appearance of the faces of the cube to be more seamless.

Anyone know which one of the Type A / Alpha cubes this is?

Attachments

• IMG_9039.jpeg
    IMG_9039.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9038.jpeg
    IMG_9038.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9037.jpeg
    IMG_9037.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9036.jpeg
    IMG_9036.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9035.jpeg
    IMG_9035.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 9

jawklqnn

WCA
2024TETT01
i thought this was a gan x because it has gan x style adjustable magnets but the knuts arent agjustable. it just has the gan logo on the thing. my other gan x does have adgustable tensions or whatever

Attachments

• IMG_20240304_214743370.jpg
    IMG_20240304_214743370.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240304_214659674.jpg
    IMG_20240304_214659674.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 4
WCA
2023COUN02
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have an old Alpha cube, but I cannot remember where I got it nor which type it is. I've checked this thread:

What's special about this one is the edges: rounded edges outwards, but non-rounded edges towards the center, making the appearance of the faces of the cube to be more seamless.

I'm pretty sure this is an Alpha IV.

toker5

Found it! It's really hard to find info at all about these old type A cubes! But this video by camcuber (speedcubeshop) has the cube:
And somebody in the comments of the video mentioned that it's the Haiyan's Haiyan cube. Remember it now :)