• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Experienced members should be able to move threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Seriously, the main thing detracting from my experience on this forum is the fact that the relevant stuff is cluttered with nonsense and misfiled topics. I don't mind chatter or repeated questions, as long as they go where they belong.

Often, I see something in Speedcubing Discussion that's clearly off-topic, or a beginner's question. I'd really like either the power to move it, or some system where a few vetted members can flag topics for moving, and the topic automatically moves with, say, 3 concurring flags.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Done. I don't think the forum could be hurt by having another moderator, so why not.

Heh, I was not actually asking for mod status, although I'm quite flattered.

I'll try to be effective and responsible, of course, but is there anything in place to allow specific people to move new threads?
Or is it that most of those people might as well be moderators?

Logan

Alot of Azure
WCA
2009KELL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hahaha, good job Lucas!

Although I still think that we should have "mini-moderators" that can do a few minor things that just annoy us/moderators/everyone else. It could be controversial though. I think that it should NOT be decided by post count, but by trustworthiness. I think this could really help the overall "cleanliness" of the forum.

Weston

Premium Member
WCA
2008MIZU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hahaha, good job Lucas!

Although I still think that we should have "mini-moderators" that can do a few minor things that just annoy us/moderators/everyone else. It could be controversial though. I think that it should NOT be decided by post count, but by trustworthiness. I think this could really help the overall "cleanliness" of the forum.

I definitely agree with it not being determined by post count, for obvious reasons. People would start "spamming."
I don't know if there is a need for MINI moderators. I think that just having more moderators in general would be better.

iSpinz

WCA
2010INKJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
images

gpt_kibutz

I don't think that experienced members should be able to move it. All this forum needs is ACTIVE and RESPONSIBLE moderators that do their jobs. If users have the power to change anything in the forum, this would turn to madness.
Oh, and btw congratulations Lucas!

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, call me crazy, but Lucas was making a suggestion and they made him moderator? I think there should be specific requirements and/or votes by the community to appoint moderators. I don't mind having Lucas as a mod, but I don't think the way he was appointed was fair..

E

Ethan Rosen

Ok, call me crazy, but Lucas was making a suggestion and they made him moderator? I think there should be specific requirements and/or votes by the community to appoint moderators. I don't mind having Lucas as a mod, but I don't think the way he was appointed was fair..

When you have as much forum experience, accountability, and as good of a standing as Lucas, then you can feel free to complain about his appointment.

Weston

Premium Member
WCA
2008MIZU01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I don't think he was. But even if he was, he is fully qualified to be one and I think that very very few people, if any, would disagree.

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel

When you have as much forum experience, accountability, and as good of a standing as Lucas, then you can feel free to complain about his appointment.

I'm not complaining. I said clearly that I don't mind having him as a mod, because you are right. He has contributed a lot to the community and does have experience. What I'm disagreeing with is the way he was appointed.

PatrickJameson

Premium Member
WCA
2007JAME01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Logan

Alot of Azure
WCA
2009KELL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think there should be specific requirements and/or votes by the community to appoint moderators.

I'm just going to go out and say, no, this is quite a bad idea. This would only turn out to be a popularity contest, which can not happen.

+1

I think what happened to Lucas was pefectly fair, and well earned. He had it coming. Lucas has done a lot for this forum, AND for the cubing community. I can only look up to him, contribute, and hope that one day I will be a moderator.

Tim Reynolds

Premium Member
WCA
2005REYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think there should be specific requirements and/or votes by the community to appoint moderators.

I'm just going to go out and say, no, this is quite a bad idea. This would only turn out to be a popularity contest, which can not happen.

Yeah, you're right. Well there should at least be requirements.

I trust Pat to decide these things...it's his forum, I don't see any problem with just letting him pick the moderators.

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel

Yeah, you're right. Well there should at least be requirements.

See: Ethan's post.

Yes I saw that, I said that I didn't think the manner in which he was appointed was fair. Whether he deserved it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.