• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CurryWest

im sorry if this has been posted before, but do you guys clean the black dust all the time, or only right before you lube your cube?

deKeijzer

I never had black dust.. could be because i`m using a white diy cube ;)
Sometimes i take the time to look wether it has a lot of dust in it or nut. But mostly I just spray some lube in and start turning.

guusrs

WCA
1982RAZO01
I clean my cube only once a month but only just before re-lubing.
I lube my cube once a week or so.
How do you remove the blakc dust?
I use water and soap!
Gus

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
I lube my cubes whenever I start getting annoyed at the amount of friction.

It really depends on how long a cubing session lasts. You might get tired fingers towards the end and feel like spraying more silicone on it but if you put it down and start cubing the next day everything is back to normal :p

DarkArcher

The dust can't be prevented, so I just leave it there until I relube my cube. I don't think it affects much actually, seems like just some fine powder. It may work both for and against smooth turning.

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
It's a shame that my White DIY cube is perhaps the best one I've for speedcubing....

My color recognition on White cubes is crap at the moment... :-/

My black cubes all the same stickers but my white cube has different shades of the same colors (std stickers from cube for you as apposed to cubesmith).

I guess I'll resticker the White cube and see what happens :p

ISuckAtCubing

how can i clean up my lube completely?

this is a long story, my friend and i have the same kind of cube, and that butt hole switch some of my piece to his, and i dont even know which piece are mine or his, and his cube turns like crap, because i dont even know what did he put in his cube, so now my cube feels like crap like his now:mad:, so what can i do to clean all pieces? im thinking of putting all the piece in soap water and soak it for like 10 mins, will that work, i want some easiest and laziest way to clean my cube, glad that is not my best cube :D

Zarxrax

I wash my cube with just plain water and my hands. It can be hard to clean out some parts, so you might want to go outside and use a hose or something that has a fairly powerful spray. Then just dry everything out and lube it up.

lalalala

YouTube
Visit Channel
well what i do is just let my pieces lay in hot soapy water for about 5-15 minutes
then after i dry every piece off with a towel. then i get a Q-tip and just pit it in the hollow spot of the edge piece to get any excess water and dust out. also if you do this way dont leave the edge pieces in with the other ones becuase water will go threw the crack where the edge caps go, and all of the water gets stuck in there and its a pain to get out.so i recommend you clean the edge pieces by hand

Moike

Whenever i want to clean my cube i use rubbing alcohol and that always works great for me. If its the cube is lubed with something liquidy then just wet a towel with the rubbing alcohol and wipe down your pieces.

Inusagi

Does the towel get dirty when doing this? I mean a bit black? And is it hard to clean the towel again so the black dirt goes away?

Paul Wagner

WCA
2008WAGN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
this is a long story, my friend and i have the same kind of cube, and that butt hole switch some of my piece to his, and i dont even know which piece are mine or his, and his cube turns like crap, because i dont even know what did he put in his cube, so now my cube feels like crap like his now:mad:, so what can i do to clean all pieces? im thinking of putting all the piece in soap water and soak it for like 10 mins, will that work, i want some easiest and laziest way to clean my cube, glad that is not my best cube :D
ok water... not ****ing soap lawl

lalalala

YouTube
Visit Channel
well you dont have to use a towel surly some of the lube will go on the towel. i use paper(not the paper you write on)and then just rub the piece so that the lube goes off and to dry it.