• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

soup

YouTube
Visit Channel
damn, thats really fast for gabbasoft, my IRL 11x11 PB is only 34 minutes :/

you really should do qcube :p

The transition to keyboard controls is a bit extreme.. If I'll be switching over to anything, it might be isocubesim.

I've been sticking with GS because there's still plenty of room for improvement on GS (imo). Once I see that I've hit the speed limit using GS, I'll go to isocubesim. I'd love to use a version of qcube that displays all 6 faces, though. :p For now, I'll see if I can hit the sub-40 mark for 13x13x13 on GS, maybe even sub-35. Note that I do not make use of any "advanced" methods in my solves. I'll see if I can get better at edges/last two centers. With that, there's boundless room for improvement.

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd love to use a version of qcube that displays all 6 faces, though. :p
I considered something like that but rejected it because it was too hard to track edges (having the two colors of an edge far apart make it too hard to recognize). The hi-games (only up to 10x10x10) and jfly sims have the same controls and technically let you see all the faces, although it's a 3D type of view so some stickers are behind others.

Note that I do not make use of any "advanced" methods in my solves.
There's honestly not that much you can do with centers - intuitively building rows is still the best for almost every case. Most of the difference in speed is recognition and efficiency.

Isaac Paurus

just got a nice average of 5, with a new PB! 17.06number of times: 4/5
best time: 17.06
worst time: 27.34

current avg5: 26.52 (σ = 0.61)
best avg5: 26.52 (σ = 0.61)

session avg: 26.52 (σ = 0.61)
session mean: 24.16

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01