• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Suggestion: An automatic title search when creating a new thread

PatrickT

WCA
2008TRAN05
Hi there,

I was on another forum that has a great way to deal with people creating new threads without using the search function.

When one creates a new thread and types in the title, the forum automatically searches that title and will present links to related threads. As such, the user can read those threads prior to posting a "new" thread.

phases

I've seen that in action myself and actually ended up using it too. Forgot about it until just now. Will be looking into this as a possible solution myself elsewhere, so - yeah gets my thumbs up. Good thinkin'..

Last edited:

d4m4s74

WCA
2009ZALI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I already recommended that before in another thread about "use the search function"

It works on Yahoo Answers, so it must work here.

the only problem I can think of is that this forum isn't made by the admin, it's a premade board. Which may be difficult to make an extra function for.

GOOGLE TIEM!

PatrickT

WCA
2008TRAN05
Omg patrick y dnt u us da src funton wen u mad dis???ll!!one

i actually did use the search function on this topic =P

actually when I used this functionality on another forum, the search yielded better results than when I used the actual search function. Every time I wanted to look something up, I clicked "new thread" and used that to search instead. I don't know how the thread-title search will work, but perhaps it would be worthwhile to make the original search function stronger as well.