• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello all of you chatty UK folk

Today while browsing in TX Maxx I noticed there was a three puzzle set in the bag/tools/man section that contained three puzzles for £7, which separately would probably cost almost £30.

It included the first brainstring, which is pretty cool (I really like it), the cross teaser (hard, but also fun) and a "planets" puzzle. I think arnaud has one I've played with but I don't actually own one.

It is sold as a Mensa brain training three pack thing and is quite a deal so thought I'd share. I didn't get one because I have two of the puzzles anyway, but thought someone else might want it. love love.

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool, I'm going birthday present shopping in town on Monday so I'll definitely pop in and get a treat for myself for all the hard work:)
Alas, when I read the beginning of the second sentence I had hopes they'd be mefferts puzzles...

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
lol you don't know what tk maxx is? oh yes you live in that far distant region known as north of london, i am unfamiliar with your shops well if you want me to post you one or something we can sort it out.

Dylan

Premium Member
UK cubers?

Is there any cubers around the region of Manchester or the north west so we could meet up or something and cube obviously.

BillyRain

Premium Member
WCA
2012JEFF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
UK Meets?

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before, couldnt find anything with search.

Are there ever any general meet ups in the UK, not necessarily comps?

What with the lack of comps over here it would be cool if there were just some smaller get togethers just to cube and exchange tips and stuff. Just wondered if this kind of thing goes on cus I'd love to get involved! I have been cubing for about 4 months now and have still never met another cuber LOL.

Billy

TwoTrees

As far as I'm aware there has only been a comp in Bristol but in the way of meetups not really anything! However if there was anything around London/South East I would definitely turn up!

headradiomice

This is a bit off topic, but did anyone else see the bloke running the London marathon yesterday while solving cubes? He was 'dressed' as a cube, and apparently he had to solve 100 cubes during the run to break the record.

I'd be up for a meet in the south east/London area.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
This is a bit off topic, but did anyone else see the bloke running the London marathon yesterday while solving cubes? He was 'dressed' as a cube, and apparently he had to solve 100 cubes during the run to break the record.

I'd be up for a meet in the south east/London area.
[youtube]SKAijlYOTiI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
I saw this a while ago.