• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] Meffert's Holey Megaminx

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Excellent

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average

• Below Average

• Poor

• Total voters

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread is for reviews of the Meffert's Holey Megaminx. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:
What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm helping Uwe Meffert improve his regular megaminx and he also sent me a sample of the new Holey Megaminx. It was invented and first built by Lee Tutt, and now Meffert is producing it. I think it will be available soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
That's awesome. So how are you helping to improve the standard megaminx? I'm interested.

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So how are you helping to improve the standard megaminx??
What I did with mine was to replace the ultrastrong springs with softer ones, and to round the inside edges of the edge pieces. Like I described here:
http://www.stefan-pochmann.info/spocc/speedsolving/megaminx/
I described to him what I did and why, and also sent him a megaminx prepared like that. Looks like he will use softer springs, don't know about the edge rounding.