• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3x3 edge parity fix (+permutation parity?)

doubleyou

Some time ago I mentioned I made up my own method for solving the rubiks cube. now I cant find that thread anywhere around here.

in this method you'll have to fix an edge parity of a yellow edge and a white one. the same goes for corners. I can fix corners by applying the logical alg (first corner goes cw) LD2L'F'D2F - then F'D2FLD2L.

I am not sure but I think I sometimes end up in a PLL parity too.

do you know how to fix this?

if you dont know what method I am talking about, then it goes like this:

1. solve all middle layer edges.
2(.1). seperate top and bottom layer pieces
(2.2) fix orientation parity
(2.3) fix permutation parity
3. Orient bottom layer
4. Permute bottom layer
5. Orient top layer
6. Permute top layer

sorry for not being able to use the search funtion effectively :(

please provide these algs once again! thank you!!

-Sigurd

doubleyou

I heard someone say something about one "Ring Method"
but I think that name would suit the method well..

the original name was "50/50" or RS 1OP 3OP (Ring, Seperation, first layer Orientation Permutation, third layer Orientation Permutation)

doubleyou

ah I get it now. I thought you meant to arrange the 'basic' cube some way - then scramble it again. and it should be easier to solve.. hehe

so I need to make a special cube for this. well I dont have a spare cube atm. but when I do, I'll give it a go