Page 299 of 402 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 4018

Thread: Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

captured in an along v1 cubie... in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by rubikmaster View Post
    LOL,well I guess I'm lucky then.Most of my friends from school do know the difference between good and bad cubes and brands.
    Same here nearly everyone in my class can solve the cube. I once started it and now loads of people of my school are walking around with a cube xD (not only in my class) But i'm still the fastest
    I love this forum :3 PBs[1/5/12/100/1000]: 3x3: [7.13] OH: [12.042] Megaminx: [52.019] stats and PBs

WCA Profile
    2012VOGL01

Since it's showing up around the web, a whole host of kind folks on various non-cubing websites have been nice enough to explain that Marcell Endrey's 28.80 blindfold record is actually stupid, because there's an algorithm you can do that solves the cube no matter what its initial state is, so the blindfold doesn't even matter. Thanks for clearing that one up, guys!

YouTube
    Jayceeblaster

Quote Originally Posted by evogler View Post
    there's an algorithm you can do that solves the cube no matter what its initial state is,
    Hamiltonian circuit
    3x3: 9.05/12.54/12.99/14.63. 4x4: 44.23/53.50/55.32/59:45. 3BLD: 1:21.72[35.53].
    The most effective way to punish trolls. WARNING: Do not click if epileptic.

WCA Profile
    2012VOGL01

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    Hamiltonian circuit
    Totally. You'd still have to know when to stop though.

WCA Profile
    2011MERT03
    YouTube
    Ickathu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    Hamiltonian circuit
    I was thinking Devil's algorithm, are they the same?
    “And if I didn’t mention God I’d be stupid though; cuz, literally, he’s amazing, so uh…” – Marty Mar. | My blog!

WCA Profile
    2008VELJ01
    YouTube
    sv00013

Quote Originally Posted by Ickathu View Post
    I was thinking Devil's algorithm, are they the same?
    Yes.

WCA Profile
    2011LOWR01

I was talking with some kids about cubing in school today. The topic of learning how to solve the cube came up, and people said they didn't have the patience or time to learn. I told them that it really only takes a few hours to get a beginner's method down. Then this one kid says:
    "I once looked up how to solve a cube, but there's like a ton of logarithms that you have to learn!"
    —No wonder why people think it takes math to solve a cube

WCA Profile
    2008VELJ01
    YouTube
    sv00013

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    I was talking with some kids about cubing in school today. The topic of learning how to solve the cube came up, and people said they didn't have the patience or time to learn. I told them that it really only takes a few hours to get a beginner's method down. Then this one kid says:
    "I once looked up how to solve a cube, but there's like a ton of logarithms that you have to learn!"
    —No wonder why people think it takes math to solve a cube
    Wow, logarithms. There is quite a lot of math behind the Rubik's cube but non-cubers don't understand that you do not need any of that math to actually solve the cube.

WCA Profile
    2008SHEF01
    YouTube
    HadleyDGRC

One of my friends was messing around with my cube, and asked if I could solve it from where it was. I told him that I can solve it from every position. His quote, "How many positions can you peel the stickers off from?"
    <Hadley> just telling myself odds are someone was shot
    <aronpm> sweet!

YouTube
    BrainOfCubing

Quote Originally Posted by Sahid Velji View Post
    Wow, logarithms. There is quite a lot of math behind the Rubik's cube but non-cubers don't understand that you do not need any of that math to actually solve the cube.
    I think they confuse algorithms with logarithms. They word themself are similar, but the actual thing I also heard that before I had started cubing, a guy I knew a little teached one of my friends how to do it, and she kept talking about those logarithms xD I had never solved a cube back then, but I was pretty sure that she would be better of using algorithms