• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in Sydney

Damien Porter

WCA
2012PORT01
Hi all Sydney siders, I know this is an old topic but I thought it might be time that we try and revive it and get some more cubing things going in our area.

For starters who is going to the UNSW game-a-thon. For those that are unaware it is a charity event held at UNSW featuring a non WCA mini comp. It's 6:30 pm on 13/10, if you are interested in competing register here.

I hope we can get a reasonable amount of cubers there.

PS, everyone register for blind to make sure it is held.

Corvus98

Hey if anyone is still here, I would like to say that I've come to Sydney for studying and hoping to meet some cubing friends, maybe at Sydney U

Nick4nick6

WCA
2015GAYE01
Hey, Sydney Cubers!
I know this thread is a bit inactive- but maybe we could organize a meetup/mini comp somewhere in Sydney as we don't get many comps unlike Melbourne-we only get about 3 a year.

I know of plenty of cubers in Sydney that would be willing to organize a meetup. C'mon, Brisbane and Melbourne do regular meetups and Brisbane only have a fraction of the amount of cubers compared to Sydney.

If you see this message, please leave a reply and maybe then we can organize the mini comp with unofficial events and everything-that would be awesome!

Nicholas

TheBrutux168

WCA
2014WONG08
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, Sydney Cubers!
I know this thread is a bit inactive- but maybe we could organize a meetup/mini comp somewhere in Sydney as we don't get many comps unlike Melbourne-we only get about 3 a year.

I know of plenty of cubers in Sydney that would be willing to organize a meetup. C'mon, Brisbane and Melbourne do regular meetups and Brisbane only have a fraction of the amount of cubers compared to Sydney.

If you see this message, please leave a reply and maybe then we can organize the mini comp with unofficial events and everything-that would be awesome!

Nicholas

Sure. I might be able to go

kirtpro

WCA
2010PROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
nz5dax.png

ray 2 busy
still need tim or sumthing

thatkid

WCA
2012SEET01
Hey Sydney Cubers!

For all you guys that want to meetup, we now have a Facebook group where we'll try make some regular meetups happen. Check out the link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1144145155698759/

If we get enough people, we'll try get something to happen before our next competition.

Speaking of competition, Sydney Championship 2016 is happening on 17th-18th of December at Turramurra High School. For more details and registration, check it out at http://www.speedcubing.com.au/SydneyChampionship2016/

Only 2 more days left to register! Jump on it!