• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Competition

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello, everyone This is my first post here, so forgive me if I posted it in the wrong spot. I am well aware the World Cube Association arranges the cubing competitions, but is there any way to persuade the location? I would love to go to a competition and a few of my friends would too. However the closest competition we have ever seen is Atlanta, Georgia. We were hoping for Central - Southern Florida. Most of us don't have access to plane tickets just to cube. If anyone knows if there is going to be a competition in Florida or likes the idea. Let Me Know. and if you live in the Southern Florida area let me know we have local competitions, (like 20 people nothing major) but its fun.

Thanks

SkilfulPenguin:)

mcciff2112

WCA
2009MCCA01
You can organize a competition yourself if you really want to, meaning YOU get to pick the location. All you need is to get it approved by the WCA and make sure a delegate is in attendance. There may be more to it, but I'm not really an expert in that field.

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you want to organize a competition, compete first, or you'll have no idea what's happening. That's foremost.

To organize my competition, I had to print about 50+ pages, spend a few hours filling them in, get food(breakfast and lunch), work with money, and slap some people for not knowing the rules. Might sound easy, but trust me, a lot of it is dull, tedious work.

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you want to organize a competition, compete first, or you'll have no idea what's happening. That's foremost.

To organize my competition, I had to print about 50+ pages, spend a few hours filling them in, get food(breakfast and lunch), work with money, and slap some people for not knowing the rules. Might sound easy, but trust me, a lot of it is dull, tedious work.

Well, I don't know, I don't consider slapping people dull or tedious. Maybe I'll try organizing. Unfortunately, I've never gone to a competition, and I don't know if there will every be one close to St. Louis again after MO open.

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Well, I don't know, I don't consider slapping people dull or tedious. Maybe I'll try organizing. Unfortunately, I've never gone to a competition, and I don't know if there will every be one close to St. Louis again after MO open.
No. Go to a competition before you organize one.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the speedy responses, that website gives some good insight, I don't feel I'm in the right position to organize a competition just yet. However I'd love to attend one do you any of you know of one happening in Central - Southern Florida? Southern preferibably

kennytheman

hey im in south florida to so if u know of any let me now im in coral springs so yeah i been looking for cubes but none here let me know

Hello, i'm new, but are an experienced cuber. I do live in florida, ocala, and it seems that maybe with some hard work and timming we could make a compitition here!