• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Reviews Section

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
So, I had an idea just now that maybe we could cut down on the number of "What's the best x?" posts by making a reviews subforum in the hardware area in which people could post reviews of any cube or hardware item they like. Thus someone with a question could be redirected to the reviews subforum where they could find everyone's opinions on puzzles. Just a thought, but it might be a futile effort nonetheless.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
Maybe just lock the original upon referral? Not sure how you would solve that problem, but I don't see why people would continue to post after:

Post 1: Question
Post 2: Link
Post 3: Thanks.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
Reviews are fine on youtube. There are far too many reviews out there. It's all a matter of preference. Besides, look at any what kind of cube is best thread. Tell me if you see an ounce of consistency in the opinions.

I didn't mean a section where you recommend things based on personal opinion. I was suggesting a place to consolidate empirical observations about puzzles that help unexperienced people to determine which puzzle matches their personal needs. I would need to be less "I highly recommend this cube because of (bias)." and more of a rating system like: "Cornering: 7/10, Smoothness: 5/10" etc. Sort of like the 3x3 comparison in the hardware section, but for all puzzles and miscellaneous (stickers, lube, modding tools, etc.).