• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Frequently Asked Questions on the wiki

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
I created the start of an outline for FAQs on the wiki:

http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ

Please contribute answers to the questions I've started with and feel free to add new questions and answers.

I think this will go a long way towards keeping the annoying repeated posts off the forums. When the FAQ reaches critical mass we can reference it in the guidelines so posting questions from it will be clear indication that the user didn't read them.

Once an answer is added to the FAQ we can refer people there instead of the "use the search" mantra.

D

Deleted member 2864

Ok, I answered all the unanswered questions except for the scramble generator one, which I couldn't think of a plausible answer to.

Edit my answers guys, because I'm sure information can be added that I know nothing about :D

D

Deleted member 2864

Wonderful idea!
I'll try to do as much as I can, I haven't had quite as much time this summer as I thought I would.

Really? I've had a little too much time >.< But I'm heading to hilton head in 2 days so that should change temporarily.

In fact, I've had so much time, I answered all the questions but two on the wiki :p

ThatGuy

WCA
2010GUSH01
I have to leave otherwise I would do this myself, but doesn't the Heise method specialize in fewest moves?

jacob15728

I'd like to add a few things but I don't see an edit button. And yes, I do have an account on the wiki and I am logged into it.

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
WOW! Excellent participation already. Thanks to all those that have contributed content to the page, I think this will be an excellent resource and it's because of everyone that participates.

I'm afraid I don't have any control over the wiki other than a user. I'm sure PJK will be able to answer any questions and address the issues you've pointed out when he checks in.

veazer

Try Rubikfans, 9spuzzles, RubikFans...

Anyone else see the problem there?

Also, the cubemania link is dead,

and finally, where's the notation question?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2864

Try Rubikfans, 9spuzzles, RubikFans...

Anyone else see the problem there?

Also, the cubemania link is dead,

and finally, where's the notation question?

Well, if you actually edited, you could have avoided posting just to bestow more work on others. >.<

Sorry, my mistake. I must have put rubikfans twice >.<

But seriously, if there's a problem in the wiki, edit it.

veazer

I did edit it... anyway, I wasn't sure what the second one should be, so i left it alone.

And what I meant by the notation thing is, where should it go?