• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedsolving.com Wiki Suggestions

Lord Voldemort

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
WCA
2009PRAS02
Well, I'm not sure how many people here regularly check or use the wiki. Some of us don't know about it, (it's located here for those of you that don't know) and some of us simply don't use it because of a lack of content or something else. I think we have people that are willing to add content, it's just that we don't know exactly what content to add. I was just thinking that more people knowing about a better wiki might help prevent some clutter of the forums. So post here if you have any suggestions for articles or anything else, and if you've never seen the wiki before, then take a look, it's a really great source of information.

soccerking813

I think there should be a more obvious link to the wiki. Like, on the home page, at the very top there is like a little add with the link in it. I didn't know about the wiki for at least a month after I joined.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
I think some stuff should be added about the 4x4. There really isn't much, just a few links.

That's true, although I think the debate is along the lines of: describe something again on the wiki, or post links to helpful sites. It's difficult to find a good balance.

kjcellist

WCA
2010MATH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think some stuff should be added about the 4x4. There really isn't much, just a few links.

That's true, although I think the debate is along the lines of: describe something again on the wiki, or post links to helpful sites. It's difficult to find a good balance.

Still, for 2x2, 3x3, and 5x5, there is a nice little outline and description on each of them. The 4x4 description is out of balance with too many links and not enough information on the wiki.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I love the wiki. Being new to cubing it helps explain a lot of the terminology used. The lists of 3x3 algs are great but I'd like to see more of that sort of thing for bigger cubes.

Ulbert

Add Hoya as a variation of Yau, or add Hoya as a method whatsoever, and then Yau as a variation of K4. Because Yau is basically a variation of the first step in K4 (almost identical) and if I was Kirjava I would maybe want some of the credit for it :) I mean, if it were not for Kirjava, Rob would probably never come up with the idea of Yau, and the 4x4 WR would not even be sub30 :p And possibly an article about the Rainbow Cube, I know it's not an event anymore, or not since 2009 when it got removed actually. But I mean Magic and MM have their own articles...

Millet

YouTube
Visit Channel
On the algorithm database part of the wiki, it would be awesome if you could vote on which algorithm you think is best for any given case. Voting would make it easier for people who wants learn a new case, and seeing which algorithm most people use.

Last edited: