• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

5x5 parity issues

ckcommando

OK, on the 5x5 i have seen 2 major Parity cases that i can not seem to figure out there's:

2 1
1 2
1 2

and

1 flipped

I have seen dozens of algorithms for these. which one would you consider the easiest to learn? I already know how to solve a 4x4, 3x3, and 2x2 cubes

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
Pick whichever one you like most and can do fastest/most comfortably.

For the first one, I put it on the U layer and do a y rotation to set it up, then do: l' U2 l' U2 F2 l' F2 r U2 r' U2 l2

I haven't tried many other algs, but I really like that one and don't feel like I'd need to switch it for any reason. For the second case, I actually don't even know an alg for it since I do AVG edges. If I get something like that, it is ALWAYS taken care of before I get to the end. I should probably learn an alg for it just incase because I do sometimes get it when I do 7x7 edges. Oh well.

Edit- I didn't even realize that alg I posted was on the bigcubes page, it would've saved me some time to just copy it. I forget where I learned it but it wasn't there.

Last edited:

jcuber

WCA
2009LEVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I only know the single wing swap, double flipped midges, and the case thats set up by:

u L' U' L F' L F L' u' (don't know name)

and I still get pretty good times.

I do the last 4 edges in such a way that it is EXTREMELY rare I get a case other than single swap, the alg described one, or a 3-cycle.