• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube identification

KTOmega

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

So I have these two cubes that I don't really know what they are (type A, C, F, DS, C4Y, etc) and now I want to know what they are since my friend lent me one that I like very well.

I suspect it's a type F, from what I've seen. The core is whitish but seems not fully opaque.

Center cap links to yjcube.com and skidproof stickers are on.

The cubies. They have caps on them, it seems.

Center piece and white core.

Overview.

And then there's this old cube that I used to use until I got my type A. It came NIB from Hong Kong. Over time, the core got too loose that there were a lot of pops while cubing. I switched off the core with a 25 yr anniversary cube. It's staying in cube storage now.

Old cube pieces.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

leeho

WCA
2010HOAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Judging from the caps and the core. My guess is it's a type D. Although it could be some new cube. It still looks very much like a type D.

Edit: Nevermind. It looks like it has edge caps O_O! The cap and core look the same as my yuga cube but the cubies look different. I'm stumped.

Last edited:

Unknown.soul

YouTube
Visit Channel
dsc00785.jpg

They're using thinner screws instead of the fat ones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2864

It's a Type... D II?

Yes, many knockoff companies use the same style of boxes for their puzzles.
The other cube you have is a Clown cube.

DII??? Never heard of that... is it any good and where could it be bought?

KTOmega

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the help, everyone - it got me to better leads on what the cube actually is.

My friend who lent the cube told me it was a type F, but he didn't know where it was bought. (It was a gift for him.) From looking at Unknown.soul's picture of a type D II and pictures of type Fs online, I can tell that the pieces are different.

Is the core on the D II akin to the F's? Cause the core seems like the core in a Rubikfans' F.

Also where would I go to buy this type D II? The manufacturer's website?