• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rendering Issue

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
I'm trying out the latest Firefox 3.5 beta on Linux and I notice a lot of stray horizontal lines in the posting pages. Is anyone using the beta on any other platforms and see the same?

I don't see the problem on FedoraForums.org, which also uses vBulletin, I wonder if there's a problem in the local style sheets or a bug in FF. This version passes the Acid 2 test and scores 93/100 on the Acid 3 rendering, but if it's a bug I'll open a report on the FF bugzilla.

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
It lost too much detail by the time I reduced it to the upload size, so I posted it here: http://brunson.com/pjk.png
pjk.pgn

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
@byu,

Of course. I wasn't reporting a problem with that version, it has a completely different rendering engine.

I was mainly hoping that someone else may be running a pre-beta and I'd either find a bug in the alpha or let PJK know his style sheets may not be fully W3 compliant. I'm a professional software developer and a rabid supporter of open source software, so I try to provide testing, bug reports and patches to projects I use, if I can.

@pjk,

I just installed b4pre on my machine at home and I don't see the rendering artifacts. Maybe it's the screen on my work computer. If you haven't done anything, wait until I get back to work on Monday and check that it wasn't either an upgrade in the betas or just something on that one computer.

Thanks,
e.

Last edited:

shoot1510

WCA
2009TOLO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm trying out the latest Firefox 3.5 beta on Linux and I notice a lot of stray horizontal lines in the posting pages. Is anyone using the beta on any other platforms and see the same?

I don't see the problem on FedoraForums.org, which also uses vBulletin, I wonder if there's a problem in the local style sheets or a bug in FF. This version passes the Acid 2 test and scores 93/100 on the Acid 3 rendering, but if it's a bug I'll open a report on the FF bugzilla.

I had that on my other computer. .

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
Update: I can see the same problems on this computer by changing the font size with alt-scroll wheel or ctl-+/-. It looks good at the default font size.

I had that on my other computer. .

That version of FF or the rendering problems?