• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Changing votes on polls

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
It would be nice if we could change our votes on polls - I've accidentally clicked the wrong option more than one time before, and not been able to undo my vote. Can this be implemented?

not_kevin

WCA
2008YOUN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Same here. Not only does it prevent mistakes, but some people might change their opinion (case in point: I like c4y, but after solving an Edison for a while, I actually like Edisons more. Although I didn't vote in the c4y/Edison poll, some people may have a similar opinion, and have already voted for c4y).

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
There is a mod that exists to do this. However, is this really necessary? How hard can it be to vote correctly the first time? I mean, if someone can't look at the checkbox they check when they vote carefully enough, I personally wouldn't want their vote anyway.

If your opinion changes on a poll, I really don't think that is a significant issue. That probably happens to <5% of votes, if that. There are polls being made constantly anyway.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I really don't see it being necessary.