• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Post Dates

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
Is it possible to have the posts date be displayed as actual dates? It's hard to correlate times when you have two posts that can be marked "2 weeks ago" and they're 5 days apart.

Once they get old enough, then we just get the dates, but can see the time. So looking at a thread, you can't tell if responses were within minutes or hours.

While not critical, sometimes it's helpful to know.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree. I'd really like to see the times as well. One place it's particularly useful is on the weekly competition, since that way you know to the minute how long you have to legitimately post results.

It seems to me that it worked this way a while ago (maybe a year ago or so?). I think I remember that the time zones were a bit confusing, though. I could never tell whether the times were based on the time zone of the poster, or based on the time zone of the person reading. It seemed like it was based on the reader somehow, because the times would change depending on whether you were logged in or not. But I may be wrong about all of that - I never quite really figured out how it worked.

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
It seemed like it was based on the reader somehow, because the times would change depending on whether you were logged in or not. But I may be wrong about all of that - I never quite really figured out how it worked.

Yeah, there was an option to set your timezone and the posts would all show as "your" time. If you weren't logged in, the system would just use a default timezone.

KubeKid73

SEVEN!!!!!
EDIT: ZOMG! I was just expecting someone to post before me, and if they didn't I would put, "(Minus one.)" ROF2L!

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Is it possible to have the posts date be displayed as actual dates? It's hard to correlate times when you have two posts that can be marked "2 weeks ago" and they're 5 days apart.

Once they get old enough, then we just get the dates, but can see the time. So looking at a thread, you can't tell if responses were within minutes or hours.

While not critical, sometimes it's helpful to know.
Done. Thanks for the suggestion.

KubeKid73

Ellis is 8, Feanaro is 9, Poke is 10, ConnorCuber is 11, and jcuber is 12. Next person, please say 13 so its not confusing from now on. Lol.
Nvm. None more is needed. Yay times! I think it should say how many minutes ago (up to an hour) next to the time.

Musturd

WCA
2009KASE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Could this maybe be optional or only happening after 24 hours?
I liked it better when the posts said "11 minutes ago," but I do agree that this new format is better for any post a day or more ago.