• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

loosening sides

MYKE

YouTube
Visit Channel
i know it can be good when a side loostens up a bit so you can move them quicker but i feel mine get to loose and the corner cubies start wobbling and rattling?

any ideas

and also, what noise are they meant to make when you turn them?

doubleyou

what breand do you have? rubiks version shouldnt get too loose on one side only. maybe the core have cracked (I think I heard this could happen). which could cause the screw to be able to move inside of its place. try disasemble it and look for cracks. order a new one if needed.

doubleyou

cant tell. but I imagine something like a crack running down one side of the core on the area of where the screws are. if its low qual then it could happen by brute force. but I think rubiks can handel most stuff

MYKE

YouTube
Visit Channel
Originally posted by doubleyou@Jun 10 2007, 10:26 PM
cant tell. but I imagine something like a crack running down one side of the core on the area of where the screws are. if its low qual then it could happen by brute force. but I think rubiks can handel most stuff
i can't see see anything like that?

i hate it when they loosen too much cos the pieces pop out!

icke

WCA
2008THUR01
the sound shouldnt change much. it might get a little bit quitter because there is less friction but the sound should be the same. you should look if you have screws that you can tighten. is it only one side that is loose? if it was a cheap one from ebay (no known manufacturer) then i would also recommend you to buy a new one. DIY kits are not expensive and very good. if you (dont) like looseness then these cubes are the best, because you can change it as often as you like.