• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How long did it take you to do the memyselfandpi 6x6 mod?

jcuber

WCA
2009LEVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, how long did it take you in total (for every step, and if only some steps were done, which ones weren't) to finish the memyselfandpi 6x6 mod?

I did everything except rounding the center edges, and it took me about 1 1/2 days. Probably about 8 hours plus glue drying time.

jcuber

WCA
2009LEVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is a mod designed by memyselfandpi (youtube) that he made a tutorial of that makes V-6's about 1000 times better (and clickless)

Search it on youtube and just so you know, there are two parts to it.

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
4 or 5 hours, probably closer to 4. The only thing I didn't do was round the corners. I did the corner stalks but forgot about the corner bases. The first thing I did was glue the pins, then I went to class, and finished it all up when I came home. The glue was fine after 3 hours or so.

darthyody

It took me about 6 hours total including putting it back together. 2 days of 3 hours each. But I've tried gluing the pins twice and both times and they've fallen out before the cube is back together so i guess I need a lot more glue.

Cerberus

WCA
2007CHRI03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I started at 2:30 am and finished mostly at about 5:30, then I went to bed and at about 12 o'clock I got up and assembled the cube, cut the pins and everything was fine except for one extra trimming ;)

How long does it take to break in the 6x6 post-mod?
I would say, like 2 solves, but it is already awesome after trimming and scrambling :D

Last edited:

person917

YouTube
Visit Channel
I failed at it.. when I put the pins in where the screws tops are and put the cube together the pins all broke off after a solve... I'm going to make a 2nd attempt at this mod though sometime soon.

person917

YouTube
Visit Channel
Remember, you need to use liquid superglue, not modeling cement or anything else. REAL superglue usually comes in a pack of 4 small tubes.
Yeah I used this like puddy epoxy stuff that came in a stick (used it for fill in holes in octagon barrel) was a bad idea to use with this mod