• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Canadian Open - New BLD WR!

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Pfft, forget Harris*, the Champion of Africa was there!!
bout time to, I was ready to change my nationality to Egyptian just to claim the African Records.

*no not really, nobody can forget you Harris, although i must say your averages were a bit high. [15.91 wtf?]

Cubinator

Haha, yes, I noticed that in the results. Best WCA-recognized cuber in the whole continent!

Congrats to Harris on winning with an impressive average. I wish I had someone paying for me to go to Hungary. *hint* *hint* :p

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No after reading the Canadian OPen website unfortunetly there seems to be no prize invlolving the World Championships. However, there was a money prize of $250 for 1st, $150 for 2nd, and $100 for 3rd (all in canadian dollars [1 USD = 1.0817 CAD])
but nevertheless $250 for cubing! Extra Grats Chan!

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, if you read the "Grand Prize Revealed" section of the canadiancubing site. I'll still have to contact the Canadian distributor of Rubik's Cube about this, since they're the one sponsoring/paying for the trip...I'm so excited! I'll probably use the money to buy some other puzzles and practise as much as I can till the Worlds.

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Originally posted by dChan@May 23 2007, 07:41 PM
YAY! Harris is going to Worlds! Congrats man! I knew you wouldn't mess up at your first comp!
Are you off? I think I'm going, jsut need to sort out a few arrangements!