• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Other events for competition

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Inspired by this post

We could have more puzzles in our competition system, but I would not like giving "effort" points to Magic and/or Master Magic. However that last remark is based on my personal dis-liking of the way Magic and Master Magic solves are performed. If others think they would be nice to include in the competition and like to give effort-points to them just tell me.

Are there any other puzzles you would like to compete in? Some ideas:

Fewest Moves 10 AvGalen, Inferno.Fighter.IV, Fred, Cubinator, PJK, gillesvdp, dChan, ExoCorsair, Jack, Lt-UnReal
Clock 10 AvGalen, Mátyás Kuti(shaipo), KJiptner, gillesvdp, Inferno.Fighter.IV, Worms, MATHI-ANSSI, Lucas Garron, TimC, edd5190
Pyraminx 11 AvGalen, Mátyás Kuti(shaipo), sgowal, gillesvdp, Inferno.Fighter.IV, Worms, Rama, ExoCorsair, PJK, Toojdwin, zigzagchris
Magic 12 AvGalen, Inferno.Fighter.IV, Mátyás Kuti(shaipo), Cubinator, PJK, gillesvdp, Worms, Jack, ExoCorsair, sgowal, Rama, zigzagchris
Master Magic 13 AvGalen, Inferno.Fighter.IV, Mátyás Kuti(shaipo), PJK, gillesvdp, ExoCorsair, sgowal, Worms, Lucas Garron, MATHI-ANSSI, masterofthebass, blackmetalcubist, TimC
Skewb 4 AvGalen, Inferno.Fighter.IV, gillesvdp, Callum
MegaMinx 10 AvGalen, Erik, Mátyás Kuti(shaipo), KJiptner, Fred, gillesvdp, Inferno.Fighter.IV, Jack, ExoCorsair, masterofthebass
Square-1 11 Mátyás Kuti(shaipo), Fred, PJK, gillesvdp, dChan, Inferno.Fighter.IV, ExoCorsair, KJiptner, Erik, Jack, zigzagchris
Snake 8 Inferno.Fighter.IV, Erik, KJiptner, dChan, Jack, Callum, ThePizzaGuy92, Henrik
Multiple Blindfolded 7 cin, AvGalen, ExoCorsair, KJiptner, PJK, masterofthebass, edd5190
2x2x2+3x3x3+4x4x4+5x5x5 relay 10 ExoCorsair, AvGalen, KJiptner, Jack, PJK, cin, masterofthebass, dudemanpp, kal el, roy14692
Cupstacking 8 edd5190, Erik, ExoCorsair, PJK, dudemanpp, cmhardw, ThePizzaGuy92, Jai
With feet 5 MATHI-ANSSI, Erik, ExoCorsair, philkt731, edd5190
Speed Blind 3 Jack, philkt731, edd5190
Match the scramble 4 ExoCorsair, philkt731, hdskull, edd5190
4x4x4 FMC 2 malcolm, cmhardw
2x2+3x3+4x4 Relay 3 philkt731, brad711, hdskull

If any puzzle gets over 10 votes I will try to include them in the weekly competition. I would have to find out how to produce scrambles for some of them.

Remember, this is a democracy. If you want it you have to vote!

And because this is a democracy, I added Snake!

Square-1 and Magic are now in the weekly competition!
Fewest Moves also made it!
And MegaMinx will be in the competition starting next week
And now Pyraminx has finally made it
Clock, Master Magic and 2-3-4-5 Relay also made it by voting
Finally Multiple Blind and With Feet also made it because I added all official events starting in 2008.

From now on voting will be done through the poll on this thread

Last edited:
Fewest moves would have be my first choice, because out of all the other competitions it's the one I think I'd be best at; The Skewb would probably be my second, but I can't solve it. Magic and Master Magic look so fun, but I don't have one :(... If I had one I think it might be my first.

Originally posted by Erik@Apr 24 2007, 09:54 AM
hmm if you want fewest moves the best place is cubestation FMC I think...
Maybe megaminx, but that would be not very good cause not everyone has it...
True, there is always Cube Stations FMC, but it couldn't really hurt to have one here.

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Originally posted by AvGalen@Apr 24 2007, 10:06 PM
I don't decide anything. I just follow/give ideas and act accordingly to the responses.

Erik: You don't have to compete in each and every category every week. Unless more people would like FMC to be 2-weekly or monthly event, it would be a weekly competition also.
But, but, but... I don't get as many points then....

Originally posted by AvGalen@Apr 24 2007, 09:51 PM
But, but, but... I don't get as many points then....
That is the brilliance of this plan. We are going to have so many competitions/events that not even you can do them all. Someone will steal your points :)
Ha ha ha, genius! Pure genius, we should add every one of these just so we can steal his points!