• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2x2 made from a 3x3x3

Cubinator

It's possible, but probably difficult/time consuming. You'd have to figure out something to do with the centers, and probably extend the corners in some way.

Possible mods for the 3x3 that are cool:

Pillow Cube
Round Cube (I'm working on this one right now; it will hopefully turn out to be completely round or near-round)
Half Truncated Cube
Keyboard Cube (easy to do if you have an old keyboard lying around)
Cylinder Cube

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A keyboard cube is just a cube where keys of a keyboard are attached instead of tiles.

A 2x2 can be made from a 3x3, actualy a 2x2 is a 3x3 with overlapping corners. So, if you make the corners so big that they overlap the edges and the centers you have a 2x2..

Cubinator

Originally posted by dChan@Apr 20 2007, 01:45 AM
Keyboard cube? What is that?

Are there any puzzles that only require 1 3x3x3 to build that are of a different shape or size?
All of the ones I posted just need a 3x3, some sort of epoxy putty (for the most part, anyway), and tools to cut and sand. They all have different shapes (except the keyboard cube), too.

Just extending the corners doesn't work, since you cannot turn the cube (if you replace the edge cubies, then the replacements will get caught against the center pieces; if you don't, the part over the edge cubies will get caught on the cube underneath and also on the centers).

deKeijzer

I think you have to sand down all the edge pieces so that they are more like shape (see attachment).
And use a spacer item about 1-2 mm thick, and attach the "stickers" (half the size of your cube) to the corners of the cube.