• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

OLL PLL

CubeAddict

Why do some people memorize only part of the OLL and PLL algs? what if a design comes up that they didn't memorize that alg for?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
They memorize pieces as they go to get lets "looks" on the last layer. A 3LLL for example takes 3 algs. to solve it. A 4LLL takes 4. For example, you may orient edges, orient corners, permute corners, permute edges, which is 4 steps.

Basically, the more algs you learn for the LL, the less steps it will likely take you to solve the last layer.

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Originally posted by CubeAddict@Apr 10 2007, 10:56 PM
Why do some people memorize only part of the OLL and PLL algs? what if a design comes up that they didn't memorize that alg for?
Maybe because its difficult to memorize all of them in one go!

doubleyou

you can use other algs for fixing up cases you dont know. ie in the beginners method this is what you do when you wanna fix up the U face.
it just takes more steps (looks)

ie. I have learned all the corner OLLs. this way I know I can always do the OLL at least with a set-up move.