• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Favotite Puzzle

Which puzzle is your favorite?

• 2x2x2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4x4x4

• Number 15

• Pyraminx

• Megaminx

• Skewb

• Impossiball

• Missing Links

• Dogic

• Magic (All sizes)

• Total voters

dougreed

Yes, it was rather a tough choice for me, also... but in the end I chose 4x4x4, since that is what I have been telling people is my favorite out of the 2x2x2-5x5x5 cubes.

Doug

cubekid

WCA
2005UPAD02
I like the 4x4x4 the most, mainly because it's more challenging than the 3x3x3. Though I guess if I did the 5x5x5 more, I would like it more.

MasterofRubix

I voted for 3x3 though i really love the 4x4. i never tried the other puzzles because i dont know where to buy them.

also, i discovered a sudoku cube. its like a normal rubiks cube but instead of colors theres numbers. more complicated id say because you have to look at different numbers.

mrCage

Hi B)

Well, agreed that 3x3x3 is the classic, but the larger cubes are more interesting. I like odd sized cubes better than even sized cubes, cause i get less confused ( :D ) so the 5x5x5, professor cube, gets my vote. It may turn out i do like the olympicube 6x6x6 cube better though :p

-Per

chiperten

My favorite is the 3x3. I have played with a 4 and I hate the parity errors. I have a 5x5 and I love solving it up to doing the final solve then I always get bored with how hard it is to do finger tricks. I just got a pyraminx and it was too easy. I'd like to get my hands on a square-1 or megaminx. If I had either, they may sway my opinion.

deKeijzer

I got a new puzzle last week, its called Peter`s Black Hole. I think that is the puzzle I enjoy most.
It`s not that challenging as a 5x5 but it is somethign you can solve using your mind rather then your memory.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I voted for the 4x4. I just cannot get over the fact that the parity of the edge pieces is completely independent of everything else on the cube. I mean it's like you have two puzzles melded into one, and even though one turn affects both puzzles (edges, and everything else), you can still treat it like two separate puzzles morphed together. Way cool to me, I can't get over that.

For anyone interested who has not seen this before, here is an alg to prove that the edges are not affected by any other piece on the cube: r2 B2 U2 l U2 r' U2 r U2 F2 r F2 l' B2 r2 R L U2 L' R' U' R L U2 L' R' U'

It swaps lUF and rUF and nothing else, even on a 4x4x4 supercube.

Chris